FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro Multicam question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Plake
Premiere Pro Multicam question
on Jan 11, 2017 at 12:34:53 am

Does anyone know if it's possible to export a multi-cam sequence like it appears in the source monitor, with each camera showing in a grid? Say I had a client who wanted to see all the angles for a particular sequence and choose them, is it possible to export all angles to one video file and deliver that to the client? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Premiere Pro Multicam question
on Jan 11, 2017 at 1:13:58 pm

[Brendan Plake] "is it possible to export all angles to one video file and deliver that to the client?"

No. It's been asked for before -- put it in as a feature request and maybe you'll see it in future versions.

If you want to send a string out with all cameras visible it wouldn't be hard to do by taking each multicam source and resizing the various cameras. Once you figured out the x,y,scale for a single group it would be easy to copy and paste to all the others.

If your talking about sending a rough cut with all alternative cameras marked, then you'd have a lot of work to do.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
on Jan 11, 2017 at 2:46:54 pm

Perhaps a work around might be to use a product like ScreenFlow and do a screen capture of the multicam screen. I believe the latest version allows you to select segments of the screen for capture.
Just a thought.
Good Luck,
Jim

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Jan 16, 2017 at 12:45:26 am

[Jim Cunningham] "Perhaps a work around might be to use a product like ScreenFlow and do a screen capture of the multicam screen. I believe the latest version allows you to select segments of the screen for capture."

On a Mac Screen Flow should work. For PC users with a newer Nvidia graphics card Shadowplay would work.

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Jan 15, 2017 at 9:20:24 am

Don't know resolve for Multi-Cam, but I *think* you can edit the multi-cam source sequence in a similar way to PPro.

In PPro I resize the layers in the source sequence to make a multivewer & add TC (either for 'master audio' source or all cans)

I export that for logging/transcribing. It's also less resources as a multiviewer.

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Jan 16, 2017 at 8:44:27 am

Yes, it works:

Import media to media pool & 'create multicam clip'

Select that multicam clip, right click and 'open in timeline'

Select each layer and use transform to reposition each angle to get your multiviewer - e.g. Top Left for C1, Top Right for C2 etc
(You might want to modify the timecode of this timeline to match your main camera - I couldn't see a way of doing it, other than copy pasting the multicam timeline clips into a new timeline with the correct starting timecode)

Go to the Color page and set your data burn-in options for the multiviewer - likely to be source timecode - and export
(I couldn't see a way of getting BITC on each camera without exporting & reimporting)

Bonus: If you export at a decent resolution then you can import the multiviewer to Resolve, add it to the multicam timeline as an additional camera, and do your rough cut with that... much less demanding on resources than trying to play multiple angles simultaneously.

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Jan 16, 2017 at 8:46:16 am

OK I'm an idiot - this is a PPro question, not Resolve, in which case you can easily do it (following the same principles) but can also add a timecode effect to each angle in the multicam sequence - if you wanted to keep track of timecode offsets.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]