FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio in playback and render

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daryl Bello
No audio in playback and render
on Jan 10, 2017 at 8:08:21 am

Hi all I need help! I have a problem with my laptop (Dell Inspiron 5559) Windows 10. It seems there is an audio issue. I use premiere pro cc 2015 and there is no sound when I play any media. Before it was working fine until now. Also when I tried exporting, still there's still no sound.

I also discovered even in wondershare filmora and converter, the output has no sound.

I haven't found any solution, I even updated the audio drivers and still no luck.

Please any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: No audio in playback and render
on Jan 10, 2017 at 2:11:41 pm

Check your default audio output on your PC. Sometimes it changes by itself (ain't computers silly). Mine suddenly defaulted to headphones once. I changed it back to my speakers and the audio came back on.

Other than that, sometimes PPro itself changes the default audio hardware. Go into preferences>audio hardware and if you have a choice of options (usually MME is the right one) play with those. By any chance, even without sound, are your sound meters moving when you play a clip?

Return to posts index

Daryl Bello
on Jan 11, 2017 at 7:23:46 am

Hello Duke thanks for response! How do I switch back from default headphones to speakers? I think that's what happened to mine but I didn't change it.

I checked the audio clip mixer in audio tab and it is moving but all I can hear is a buzz sound like every 3 seconds.

I tried connecting my laptop to my TV using hdmi. I noticed that when I play a music or movie, the sound comes out only from the laptop. It should be coming from the TV like before.

I still can't connect the dots hehe.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 11, 2017 at 8:04:59 am

[Daryl Bello] " I noticed that when I play a music or movie, the sound comes out only from the laptop. It should be coming from the TV like before. "

Set your audio playback device to HDMI from the Windows settings. Then make sure you are using the same output in Premiere.

Return to posts index

Daryl Bello
on Jan 12, 2017 at 1:12:39 pm

is there a solution for this?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 12, 2017 at 2:11:34 pm

[Daryl Bello] "is there a solution for this?"

Did you read my post?

Return to posts index

Daryl Bello
on Jan 15, 2017 at 2:43:11 pm

Yes it worked, I selected the LED TV as output for audio and it's good now, I can watch and at the same time hear the sound coming from the tv!

But still can't fix the audio in premiere. When I play the media, there's this buzz sound every 3 seconds but the sound meters are moving.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jan 12, 2017 at 4:01:49 pm

You'll have to go into your computer's Control Panel to change the default audio output back to your speakers (assuming that's the cause of your problem). As for the other possibility, as I said, go to preferences>audio hardware and play around with those settings.

I'm not an expert on anything, believe me. So don't get discouraged if my advice doesn't work. Surprised none of the know-it-alls haven't chimed in yet.

Return to posts index

Daryl Bello
on Jan 15, 2017 at 2:49:16 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]