FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio key framing (inc FCP7 shout out)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Asquerthian
Audio key framing (inc FCP7 shout out)
on Jan 10, 2017 at 7:08:59 am

I edit (& mix) a LOT of dialogue.

Mostly interviewer/interviewee 2 x mics where I can do the edit/balance based on waveforms initially.

I'm using the pen tool a lot, and have to switch tools between pen (to mark keyframes) and selection tool (to adjust horizontal bar between those keyframes).

Q1. Is there a key I can use to override one tool with the other, rather than having to toggle between pen & selection?

When losing sections (e.g. remove interviewers mic during answer)I typically will mark in & out around the section, then toggle the correct track selection, then delete. Kind of clunky compared to Avid for track selection but works. (Also blade & delete at times)

In FCP7 (!) there was a 'range selection tool' which was FANTASTIC for this kind of editing. Basically you could highlight a section of a clip (with in/out or mouse drag) and delete.

Q2. Am I missing any great PP tricks for this kind of editing/mixing?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Audio key framing (inc FCP7 shout out)
on Jan 10, 2017 at 6:26:02 pm

Keyboard shortcuts.

V toggles the selection tool, P toggles the pen, C toggles the razor blade. Use 'em, and you won't lose any appreciable amount of time.

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
Re: Audio key framing (inc FCP7 shout out)
on Jan 15, 2017 at 9:12:19 am

Thanks, those were the toggles I was hoping to avoid.

Asked the same Q on adobe forums & got handy hint that CMD key (and presumably Control on PC) overrides the selection tool with pen tool, whilst it is held down.

Posting here in case it helps anyone else.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]