FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to import a caption file into Premiere CC and change the font for an open caption export?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Simon
Is there a way to import a caption file into Premiere CC and change the font for an open caption export?
on Jan 6, 2017 at 7:55:29 pm

I'm have a video that I'd like to embed captions onto to provide a video that has open captions. I sent the video to get captioned by a third party that returned with multiple subtile file options. If I import an .srt into Premiere, the first issue is that it is treated as 720x480 file and the subtitles are tiny and in a terrible position. Premiere doesn't allow a way to reformat that for a bigger size. Is there a way to fix that?

I can import a .mcc file and that seems to position correctly, but I have no options to change any design elements with it. I would like to be able to change the font and colors. Also, the positions would be nice. Is that possible in premiere?

What I have ended up doing in the past is creating a new caption file in Premiere and then copying and pasting each caption individually... and each time signature. This is the only way that allows me control over the style. As you can imagine, however, it is tedious and feels like there ought to be an easier way to accomplish my goals. Thanks for any insight.

Return to posts index

Ayan Banerjee
Re: Is there a way to import a caption file into Premiere CC and change the font for an open caption export?
on Jan 10, 2017 at 11:59:07 am
Last Edited By Ayan Banerjee on Jan 10, 2017 at 11:59:39 am

Premiere is not great at embedding subtitles. If you have the srt file, you can download xvid4psp. It is super easy to embed the subtitle onto the video there.

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
Re: Is there a way to import a caption file into Premiere CC and change the font for an open caption export?
on Jan 10, 2017 at 1:45:17 pm

As said Premiere is not a real good app for open captions.
You may try my psTitles - but you need a Spruce STL as source.

http://www.spherico.com/filmtools/TitleExchange/psTiltles/index.html

- Andreas

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]