FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe premier cs6 and canon t5i

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonn Gibson
Adobe premier cs6 and canon t5i
on Dec 29, 2016 at 8:03:39 am

How do i import footage, what's the best codecs to edit with? Do I need to create proxy?

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Adobe premier cs6 and canon t5i
on Dec 29, 2016 at 11:38:11 am

Is it Camera RAW or JPEG? JPEG should work as is? I don't know if Premiere can take Camera RAW files from a Canon Camera. If it doesn't make a feature request.

Return to posts index

Jonn Gibson
on Dec 29, 2016 at 1:45:44 pm

I would be for video, I beleave the camera shoots QuickTime. It's the canon 5ti.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 29, 2016 at 2:34:58 pm

Hi John,

You should be able to edit the clips natively. For best chance of success, follow these steps:

Copy ENTIRE contents of SD card to a NEW folder on your hard drive. Don't copy just the video clips - copy everything over. There is metadata in the folder structure that Premiere needs. In Premiere, import using Media Browser, rather than File > Import.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jonn Gibson
on Dec 29, 2016 at 2:46:39 pm

The files are shot in quick time. I'm working in windows 10. I don't see any QuickTime on premier. I will look again.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 29, 2016 at 3:15:51 pm

Are you looking for a Sequence Preset for QuickTime perhaps? Doesn't exist. What you want is a preset that matches the footage, meaning frame size, frame rate, pixel aspect, fields.

Import your clips. In Project Bin, right-click a clip and select New Sequence from Clip. Or drag clip onto New Item button. Or dropping a clip into an empty timeline sequence, it should ask if you want to change sequence to match the clip. Any of those methods will yield same result.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jonn Gibson
on Dec 29, 2016 at 3:37:17 pm

I just looked around the net and found out that the QuickTime footage would have to be transferred to mp4 or something else becuase premiere cs6 on windows does not support QuickTime. Did anyone experience this? I'm trying to make a decision on a camera to shoot footage and edit in cs6.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Dec 29, 2016 at 5:19:39 pm

Will changing just the file extension work? It worked for a Canon Camcorder in the video link below.

Return to posts index

Ayan Banerjee
on Jan 12, 2017 at 6:29:16 pm

You do not need to change the extension, but need to install Quicktime. Otherwise neither will premiere import mov files, nor will you see Quicktime export options in media encoder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]