FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export It In The Format I Shot On – ProRes HQ 422

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio Svarenga
Export It In The Format I Shot On – ProRes HQ 422
on Dec 27, 2016 at 4:11:56 am

Hi folks,

I have always appreciated your help. I have an easy question for you, but still too hard for me ☺

I edited my ProRes 422 HQ footage in Premiere, but now it won't let me export it without conversion. As we're about to grade it, that's a problem. How do I just export with full rez, back to the original ProRes 422 HQ?

I just cut a trailer for my first feature, my first major project on Adobe. All the forums said to simply open a new sequence, and when I drag over the first clip, it would automatically change the timeline to let me edit it natively, even though it wouldn't say it. Everything would be la-dee-dah. So I did, and attached are my automatically-created sequence settings.

When I try to export to "match settings" – wanting everything full rez, essentially untouched – it says it's in MPEG I mode. Again, attachment. ProRes HQ isn't an option.

I've never heard of MPEG I, and just want to make it normal, in ProRes HQ mode.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Export It In The Format I Shot On – ProRes HQ 422
on Dec 27, 2016 at 11:09:15 am

You cannot export to prores on a windows machine.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Export It In The Format I Shot On – ProRes HQ 422
on Dec 27, 2016 at 3:36:50 pm

It's normal that the Sequence Setting preset name may not exactly match the footage - there are no "ProRes" presets. Rather, Premiere will look for the first preset in the list that matches your footage, and by match I mean frame rate, frame size, pixel aspect, and fields.

So when you edit the ProRes footage in the ARRI preset, you are editing your native ProRes clips, nothing is being changed.

As for Export, never use "Match Source" - you never know what you might get! Rather, take charge and select the output that you need. As Ann stated, if you are on a Windows machine, you cannot export to ProRes, Apple does not support that unfortunately.

For quality similar to ProRes, try QuickTime > Cineform, or Avid DNxHD for instance. Of course, you may need to manually check/adjust the parameters to match source (1920x1080, 23.976, 1.0 pixel aspect, Progressive).

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]