FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ingesting QT Files Has Never Worked For Me

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wesley Kelemen
Ingesting QT Files Has Never Worked For Me
on Dec 25, 2016 at 10:45:34 pm

I'm currently on Premier 2017 11.0 but this didn't work on 2015 either. Mainly Canon QT.mov files

I can't generate thumbnails in Premiere Pro fast enough unless I transcode the media. It works great when I take it into Media Encoder and do it manually and import transcoded into Premiere.

Problem is Media Encoder can't match source for QT- ProRes. So there's no real way of separating frame-rates. Premiere can do this when you ingest the footage but after the files have been transcoded it uses the old thumbnails. I even enable proxy in settings still nothing. Delete cache etc etc.

I'm at a loss. I have a huge project and there is no way of sorting frame-rates on Mac unless one by one. Can't sort frame-rates in Media Encoder either(why!?)

Not sure what to do? I would love to edit this in FCPX but After Effects though...

Thanks guys for anything

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Ingesting QT Files Has Never Worked For Me
on Dec 29, 2016 at 9:17:01 pm

Wes, I noticed a big coffee mug ion your picture. I need you to put the mug down! ☺

I'm having a little difficulty following what you are having trouble with. I'm going to ask some perhaps very obvious questions, because I am unsure of your setup/knowledge level.

Are you making a complete copy of the media to your media drive? I mean bringing the full file structure of the original media.

Are you bringing it into your Premiere Pro bins using Media Browser and not the Windows Import dialog box?

You mention your media is Quicktime (the wrapper). What is the codec? If you do not know, VLC Media Player can help you find that information. It's free, and I believe it should be on every media system. I've used it for years.

If these are questions below your knowledge level, please know I just wanted to help resolve your issue. No offense intended.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]