FORUMS: list search recent posts

Betacam SX in Premiere PRo

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Albin Xharra
Betacam SX in Premiere PRo
on Dec 19, 2016 at 10:51:54 pm

Dear friends,
recently I have been facing a ugly phenomenon in my station, and I wanted to ask for your help.

Since 2 and a half years ago, some "engineers" in my working station, have been capturing Betacam SX tapes through Blackmagic capture card, into Motion JPEG 8-bit 5:4 aspect ratio .AVI format. The same file goes into Premiere Pro, conforms into Square Pixels (I don't know why??!!) and then exports using our preset, which is MPEG2 30Mbit 4:2:2 format. Now, our broadcast is divided into 50% DV format, and 50% SX tape archive. We have to try to unify formats as mush as possible, and during my tests, I have witnessed that square pixels look very squashed horizontally.
One of my engineers confessed that they have chosen this procedure, because they wanted to capture the most out of SX tapes, using 768x576 format, whilst our final output is 720x576.
Are we proceeding correctly?? Is there a big difference between 768 and 720 pixel width, cause in our tests, in output, we don't see any difference at all!
PLEASE HELP

P.S. I will try and provide some pics, just as samples.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Betacam SX in Premiere PRo
on Dec 22, 2016 at 5:13:08 pm

I would try to capture the correct aspect ratio and then mix and match the video clips in the timeline of your choice. Premiere should work just fine with mixed formats and resolutions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]