FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speeding Up 48fps Footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Whittington
Speeding Up 48fps Footage
on Dec 19, 2016 at 8:08:59 pm

Hey everyone.

I have a bunch of footage that was shot at 48fps and 60fps. When I drop it into a 24fps Premiere sequence it looks great and slow motion as intended.

There's a chance we might want some of the footage to look "real time". Is the best way to do this to simply speed up the clip in the sequence to 200% (in the case of the 48fps footage)? If so, for time interpolation should I choose frame sampling, frame blending, or optical flow? Is there a better way of doing this that I'm not thinking of?

Thanks a bunch!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Speeding Up 48fps Footage
on Dec 19, 2016 at 9:12:23 pm

Would it help to know how to do it in After Effects?

Import your clips. Make a comp at your desired frame rate. Put one clip in. Render.
Now, this ONLY works because the three frame rates you mentioned all play nicely together.

And if you're using 48, 60 and 24 as nicknames for 47.952, 59.94 and 23.976, know that you have to use those fractional frame rates in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James Whittington
on Dec 19, 2016 at 9:31:37 pm

Thanks Dave.

Unfortunately I don't have time for that kind of workflow. I've got three full days of footage and need to be able to quickly play the clips in a Premiere timeline at both the overcranked speed as well as real time.

Is there a reason not to just speed up the footage to 200% (48FPS) and 250%(60FPS)?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 19, 2016 at 9:45:50 pm

Nope, can't think of any. Try it out on a test clip first to see how it looks, though.

And if you haven't committed to using PP2017 yet, don't. Use PP 2015; it actually works.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]