FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC2017 screwed up my timeline (adjusted frame rate interpretation)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin McRoberts
CC2017 screwed up my timeline (adjusted frame rate interpretation)
on Dec 17, 2016 at 4:25:01 pm

To get the obvious out of the way, this isn't high-priority work and I know the caveats about updating software mid-project.

Anyway....

I have a small hobby video that I'd mostly completed back in the 2015 build, which had 30fps video on a 24fps timeline, playing in real time.

Opening this project in CC2017 has the 30fps footage being interpreted at 24fps, or slow-motion. All of my edits are seriously screwed as a result.

Whenever I go back to the original 30fps file and just pop it on the timeline, it becomes slow-mo. I have nothing selected in interpretation to make this happen.

What the heck am I missing, do I need to go back and start from scratch, can I recover what CC altered, and so forth

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: CC2017 screwed up my timeline (adjusted frame rate interpretation)
on Dec 17, 2016 at 7:36:21 pm

what type of video is this?
i know the new jpeg importer engine has a bug and won't remember frame rates. you can open with older engine or transcode.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 17, 2016 at 9:07:51 pm

Well, you already know that you violated a well-known rule, yet you did it anyway. What do you think you should do? Especially if you learn that PP 2017 broke many things that worked just fine in previous versions?

I hope you retained the previous version. It's time to start over from scratch.

Now learn a new rule about brand-new Adobe applications: DO NOT ASSUME THEY WILL WORK AS ADVERTISED.

It sucks, but that's life in Adobe-Land today.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin McRoberts
on Dec 18, 2016 at 4:58:02 pm

Yeah, I know I broke the rule... AGAIN, these are not high-priority projects... like lower than home-video level stuff. Not hard to start again, just a minor PITA. I finished up all the priority work projects prior to the attempted "upgrade."

These are OSX screen recordings... the audio and video are not in sync, the video is slowed down, the audio is at normal speed with a long stretch of silence at the tail. Simple stuff that shouldn't be that way. PP17 is obviously screwed up.

In what other ways is it screwed up that I haven't had the joy of discovering?

Time to learn FCPX that can handle doing such super-difficult stuff like interpreting footage correctly?

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Dec 18, 2016 at 5:13:47 pm

Just go back to CC2015.3. It works great. Adobe's new releases always are pretty buggy, particularly on Macs.

To be fair, Apple's latest OS releases have had the same issue. It's like these companies are in a race to release the next big thing so they don't take the time to test them properly first.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Dec 17, 2016 at 9:49:27 pm

Just open it in CC 2015 and hope the bugs are worked out next time around.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]