FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jerky titles

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea Locati
Jerky titles
on Dec 16, 2016 at 11:18:49 am

I am new to Premiere. I have created a video with still images and rolling titles that don't seem to move smoothly along.

(25fpm)
I can't understand what settings I have to change. Can you give me a tip, please?

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
Re: Jerky titles
on Dec 16, 2016 at 2:55:37 pm

It looks like it might be a frame rate conversion issue, from 23.98 to 29.97, where it is adding frames to your motion causing it stutter.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 16, 2016 at 2:58:53 pm

Hi Andrea,

I see what you mean, even the background motion is jerky. Please post a screen shot of the Export Settings for review.

Also, perhaps try turning of GPU Acceleration once - that can sometimes cause export issues.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Andrea Locati
on Dec 17, 2016 at 12:56:56 pm

Hi Jeff. This is the screenshot of the export dialogue. Whether I render it or not before exporting doesn't make any difference.

Return to posts index

Jeff Coleman
on Dec 17, 2016 at 2:34:02 pm

I rarely have good luck with horizontal motion in QuickTime movies. But your shots behind the titles that are just zooms don't seem smooth. What happens when your render the same clip with no titles?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 19, 2016 at 4:00:10 pm

Hi Andrea,

I believe I understand the cause of the problem - your Sequence is Progressive, while the Export is Interlaced (Upper Field First).

Are your source video clips 1080i or 1080p? I see you are using 1440x1080, which suggests maybe the source is HDV tape? That is typically 1080i.

I might also question whether the 29.97 frame rate is correct - which country are you working in? Most countries other than US and Japan use PAL video, while 29.97 suggests an NSTC country.

Please right-click a source clip in the Project Bin and select Properties - what are the specs of the video?

When exporting to H.264, you almost always want to use Progressive rather than Interlaced, because computer displays are not interlaced and do not display 1080i video very well. You want 1080p or 720p files for computer/online viewing.

Thank you

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 19, 2016 at 4:05:30 pm

Just watched your video again, which I had not seen in several days, and noticed that the background is all still images, no video. If you are not using any video, then why the 1440x1080 sequence, with 1920x1080 export? Would be better to use 1920x1080 consistently throughout the process then.

Just seems that there may be multiple workflow issues happening at once, adding to the poor output quality.

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index

Andrea Locati
on Dec 20, 2016 at 8:42:11 pm

Thanks for the reply, Jeff.

I've worked my head around the problem and tried saving using different settings (given that I cannot change the sequence settings, right? and so I'd have to start from scratch).

I finally discovered the Match the sequence settings checkbox, but even allowing for the not optimal 29.5 fps in the sequence, I still have a jerky motion all along. I attach the screenshot of the export dialogue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]