FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to double frames in an image sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Martin
Any way to double frames in an image sequence?
on Dec 13, 2016 at 8:21:52 pm

Hey there!
So I imported a bunch of stills as an image sequence into Premiere, no problem. But now, the client wants the sequence to happen a bit slower (it's a time lapse). Is there a way to tell the image sequence to show each still twice instead of once? Or, effectively, each still for a longer period of time?

When I adjust the frame rate, to say, 12.5 (from 23.97), it doesn't change the duration of the sequence, or the speed.

What I did, since I couldn't figure this out, is literally just go into "speed/duration" and chose 50%. This certainly did the trick, but I'm wondering, is this degrading the quality at all? Or is it literally doing what I'm wanting albeit in an indirect way?

Of course, I could go all manual and import each image onto my sequence blah blah...but not going there.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Any way to double frames in an image sequence?
on Dec 13, 2016 at 8:34:59 pm

That's pretty much doing what you want. You might choose "frame blending" as your interpolation method if you want the movement to be a little bit smoother.

Return to posts index

Ben Martin
Re: Any way to double frames in an image sequence?
on Dec 13, 2016 at 8:37:08 pm

Cool cool. Yeah it was actually pretty smooth. So it seems to work pretty well. I just didn't if there was another way that more "directly" controlling what the frames were doing. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]