Hi: I posted this problem on the Adobe forum and had no success in finding a solution. Here's hoping someone here can offer some help.
When I export a project from PP CS6, my computer (Windows 7 pro) crashes about 60-70% of the way through the render. The screen goes black and I have to hit the reboot button, after which there is no error message or other indication as to what happened. The same project renders fine, but slowly, on my laptop so I don't think the file is corrupted. I've also rendered a similarly sized file from After Effects with no problem. Up until a short while ago Premiere exported with no problem and I didn't knowingly make any changes to drivers, etc. I've just done a Windows repair install and updated the video card driver with no improvement.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
where's the post so that we can see what posts didn't work? did you try disabling cuda renderer and deleting media cache? can you turn on help-enable logging crash. view the log report.
you can render out an image sequence and then see exactly which frame crashes to isolate the issue.
my first guess is it is a transition, nest, lut as those are very, very buggy.
did you compare the render settings? import sequences native disabled? don't render previews?
Thanks, Chris for your prompt response to my query. I've spent the day trying to isolate the problem to a narrower field.
First, to answer your questions. Yes to both disabling the cuda renderer and deleting/cleaning the media cache. I couldn't find how to turn on the enable logging crash feature so I couldn't view a log report.
I tried rendering out small individual sections of the time line and thought I had narrowed the problem down to a short piece of a specific clip. That approach ended up being inconclusive. When I rendered the suspect problem area out a number of times, sometimes it worked, other times not. I also removed the entire suspect clip from the time line and rendered the shorter version. Also didn't work.
There were no transitions or nests in the suspect area. I don't know what lut's do - I only know they are Look Up Tables so I can't say if they are part of the problem. I only know I did not knowingly use/apply one.
On to what I discovered today. My project is 1920 x 1080 and I was exporting it as H.264 720p. When I exported the project as a wmv file using the HD 1080p preset, it worked. So, I tried the same 1080p preset with H.264 format and this worked as well.
It's not the ideal situation as I wanted a smaller file, but at least it worked.
Based on this, it seems there is something wonky in the conversion process from project size to the output size/format when using 720p.
If it helps, my computer is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7-4770K CPU @3.50 GHz, 16 GB RAM.
If you have any further thoughts on why I can't export to 720p, I would be grateful to hear them.