FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere will not respond halfway through a render!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle De Thier
Premiere will not respond halfway through a render!
on Nov 30, 2016 at 6:55:04 pm

I am trying to export a video, just like I always do: File > Export > Media > H.264 1080p HD 23.976 > Export. For some reason, the rendering freezes and the program becomes grey and unresponsive. It then says Adobe Premiere Pro CC has encountered a problem and has to close. I cannot complete the render!
I've tried clearing my Media Cache Base and going into the file and deleting all caches, Premiere Pro re-creates them but the same problem happens.
I've tried going File > Export > Media > H.264 1080p HD 23.976 > Queue. The render reaches a further point, but then Adobe Media Encoder becomes unresponsive, and has to shut down. Any thoughts on why this could be happening?? I'm thinking if I send my Premiere file with all the media needed to a professional or someone that has a wide knowledge base, they can render it for me or figure out what's wrong. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Premiere will not respond halfway through a render!
on Nov 30, 2016 at 7:17:55 pm

Hi Kyle,

How much RAM do you have available? Disk space?

Try importing your sequence into another project.

Another way around this would be to render in 2 or 3 parts to a good quality format like Prores and see if that works, then reassemble in a new sequence/project.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Kyle De Thier
on Dec 1, 2016 at 3:31:45 am

I have 16GB or RAM, and not a huge amount of disk space! I know that there is enough room to render however because there is about 30GB left out of 2TB so maybe that's slowing my system down? Any recommendations of programs that clean un-necessary unseen files out?

I will try importing my sequence into another project, and that last recommendation is genius! I will definitely try to render different parts out and patch them together! Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Return to posts index

Kyle De Thier
on Dec 1, 2016 at 3:35:52 am

WOWW!! I cleared up 160GB of space JUST used up by temporary files! That is stunning! My machine is going to run so much smoother now!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll try it with Premiere now :)

Return to posts index

Kyle De Thier
on Dec 1, 2016 at 4:19:52 am

Hey I tried rendering the whole thing, and it worked all the way up to about 80% where it froze, then I went to render 1/2 of the sequence, and it crashed at around 20%??? Why is it crashing at random points??

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Nov 30, 2016 at 8:21:31 pm

maybe you have a corrupt clip. try disabling various clips and render again. you may have to do this process a few times until you find the corrupt clip.

Return to posts index

Kyle De Thier
on Dec 1, 2016 at 5:14:50 am

For anyone else that has this issue, I fixed it by changing the render option from Mercury (OpenGL) to Mercury Only :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]