FORUMS: list search recent posts

open captioning not appearing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie Gates
open captioning not appearing
on Nov 21, 2016 at 4:40:58 pm

Help! of course I'm under deadline!

I have several sequences with .scc files, I have successfully exported them with burn in captions for client review purposes, but now I'm trying to export at higher quality settings, and the captioning is not showing up. I have gone back to the settings I was using to export the review files, and the files are not appearing. They are displaying fine in the timeline, and I have selected "burn captions into video"

I'm using Premier Pro CC 15 on a mac.

Katie

Return to posts index

Julia Halperin
Re: open captioning not appearing
on May 8, 2017 at 6:42:09 pm

Hi Katie,

Did you ever solve this problem? I'm having the same one right now and it seems ridiculous.

Thanks for any suggestions or workarounds!

Julia

Return to posts index

Katie Gates
on May 9, 2017 at 4:53:34 pm

Julie, that was a life time ago ☺ But if I'm not mistaken that project was fixed by getting a hi rez caption file (.mcc, format I think????)

Return to posts index

greg janza
on May 9, 2017 at 5:58:11 pm

If you're doing open captions, I'd recommend using Submerge along with Amara.org. Submerge will import a caption file (.srt, .ass/.ssa, .stl, .vtt ) and marry it to a video. And the paid version will dump out a pro res file.

Amara.org is for creating your subtitles. It's much easier than using any of the caption tools in Premiere. Create your subtitles in Amara, export a .srt file and then use Submerge to create a final open caption version of any video.

Adobe Premiere 2017.1
Windows 10 Pro
Samsung SSD 850 EVO system
Samsung SSD 850 EVO Adobe cache
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
OWC Thunderbay 12t x 2 in Raid10 configuration (thru Storage Spaces and Disk Management)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]