FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making an object that can be used as a template for other video.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Shulta
Making an object that can be used as a template for other video.
on Nov 17, 2016 at 12:42:37 am

Is it possible to make a object a certain size and proportion, and use it as a template of sorts for video clips. I'm making a project with a virtual TV screen. So if I were to make a null object, the size of the TV screen, whenever I want to put a clipon the screen I could assign it to the object and the clip would automatically be the same size and proportions of the object. This sounds really lazy XD but I'm just curious if its possible.

I'm using Premier CC
Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Making an object that can be used as a template for other video.
on Nov 17, 2016 at 2:37:17 pm

You can nest your TV screen footage and use the Corner Pin effect to make it the size and shape you want. To change out the footage, replace the footage in your nested sequence. If you need more than one at a time, duplicate your nested sequence in the project window and use "Replace with Clip" to swap it out.

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
Re: Making an object that can be used as a template for other video.
on Nov 17, 2016 at 3:35:37 pm

Daniel gave you some good advice, though I do feel a need to point out that there is no such animal as a "null object" in Premiere.

Corner pinning is found in the "Distort" effects, BTW. If all your clips to be pinned are the same resolution, the replacing Daniel cites will work. And there's no reason you can't save that as a custom preset to apply in other projects as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]