FORUMS: list search recent posts

workflow for Alexa and Premier Pro CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Pearl
workflow for Alexa and Premier Pro CC
on Nov 14, 2016 at 7:46:20 pm

HI,

Anyone have a favorite feature workflow for Premier Pro CC and the Arri Alexa?

Thanks,
Rachel

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: workflow for Alexa and Premier Pro CC
on Nov 14, 2016 at 8:13:35 pm

Well, the DEADPOOL feature film converted everything to ProRes and cut that. This does, of course, all depend on how you will be finishing. Will you do all the edit and color and online in Premiere Pro? If so, you might consider converting to PRoRes HQ...and getting a LOT of storage space. Going to use Resolve to finish? Then make ProRes PROXY files in Resolve, send those to Premiere and cut with those...then XML back to Resolve, relink to the Arri footage, grade and output. Or...you can try the new offline/online proxy workflow that Premiere now has...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rachel Pearl
on Nov 14, 2016 at 8:24:30 pm

thanks!

As yet I have not been told how we are finishing (not ideal, I know) so I want to go with the workflow that gives the most options.

A few questions:

1. Where can I find the new offline/online workflow for Premier?

2. If we convert to ProRes proxies, will they maintain the meta data to match back to the original camera footage?

3. How do folks sync and cut in Premier? I usually use merged clips. Will this work with the process of trancoding and merging to match back to the original files.

Thanks!
Rachel

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 16, 2016 at 1:35:36 am

1) I don't know, I don't have the latest, nor have I used that feature. I was HOPING someone else would chime in. But I'm sure you can google that and someone will have something.

2) Depends on how you do it, but yeah, it should. Not sure if Premiere offline/online does that. But I know if you do it in resolve, then use Resolve to finish, it'll relink. But you can't create them outside of premiere, and then relink inside premiere. Whatever you use to create them, you need to use that to relink to the camera originals. From my experience.

3) I can assume yes, but we need confirmation from someone who has done this...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Nov 16, 2016 at 4:21:09 pm

[Rachel Pearl] "1. Where can I find the new offline/online workflow for Premier?"

If you are referring to the proxy workflow, these tutorials might help you:

http://www.dylanosborn.com/2016/09/21/proxy-workflow-part-1/
http://www.dylanosborn.com/2016/10/05/proxy-workflow-part-2/

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]