FORUMS: list search recent posts

nVIDIA driver fails with specific effect combination

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brame
nVIDIA driver fails with specific effect combination
on Nov 13, 2016 at 1:08:23 pm

Posted this on Adobe's forum, but so far no takers.

I have a very simple timeline, two green screen clips from the same Master keyed with Ultra Key and a PSD background. I nest each clip in order to place a Lumetri Vignette on it. All is well until I place a transition between the two nests. The transition can be a Cross Dissolve, doesn't seem to matter. When the CTI hits the dissolve, the nVidia driver fails, then recovers, but Premiere also fails and closes. If I disable CUDA, it works fine. What I've discovered is that if I delete the Ultra Key effect, the issue doesn't occur. Conversely, if I disable the Lumetri Vignette, the issue doesn't occur. If I adjust any other Lumetri Effect settings, the issue doesn't occur. It only happens with the Vignette/Ultra Key combination.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that I've done...
Disabled 'accelerated Intel h.264 decoding'
Uninstalled all plugins.
Cleared plugin cache.
Trashed Preferences.
Transcoded my single Master Clip to DnxHD.
Uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro CC 2015.4
Reverted my nVidia driver from 375.70 all the way back to 373.06 in version increments - all clean installs.

I'd appreciate if someone else could try this setup and see if they can duplicate the issue. I have 2 other machines with Premiere installed, but no CUDA, so I can't try it myself.

Asus P6X58D Premium
Core i7 950
24GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 770
Windows 7 Premium 64bit
System Drive(OS, Projects) - WD Caviar Black 500GB
2nd Drive(Pagefile, Media Cache) - SSD 150GB
Media Drive(Media Files, Previews) - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive)
Matrox MX02 Mini
Adobe CC (Premiere 2015.4)
QuickTime 7.7.5

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: nVIDIA driver fails with specific effect combination
on Nov 13, 2016 at 1:26:43 pm

I'm an amateur but sometimes a solution pops into my head that may have been overlooked. I don't know if this will work but have you tried placing an adjustment layer above the nest, cutting it where the dissolve takes place and placing the dissolve there? Or even, placing the vignette on the adjustment layer?

I have had trouble with effects on nested layers. Perhaps you could try unnesting them. I don't see why you should need to nest two tracks in order to apply a vignette but, again, I'm an amateur.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Nov 13, 2016 at 4:15:01 pm

Sorry, I should have mentioned here that it all started with a project in which an Adjustment Layer was placed on top of everything to add the Vignette to. Thinking that it was a corrupted project, I recreated from scratch and used the Lumetri Vignette directly on the clips.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Nov 13, 2016 at 4:17:53 pm

I've finally been able to get back to work by exporting the keyed clips individually, then importing them and using those clips instead. This pretty much confirms that it's a conflict between Ultra Key and a Lumetri Vignette and a transition. Now if i could only determine if it's my machine specific.

Asus P6X58D Premium
Core i7 950
24GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 770
Windows 7 Premium 64bit
System Drive(OS, Projects) - WD Caviar Black 500GB
2nd Drive(Pagefile, Media Cache) - SSD 150GB
Media Drive(Media Files, Previews) - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive)
Matrox MX02 Mini
Adobe CC (Premiere 2015.4)
QuickTime 7.7.5

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Nov 13, 2016 at 5:09:37 pm

Told ya I was an amateur! ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]