FORUMS: list search recent posts

prores/dnx data rates for documenting seminar

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Sawyer
prores/dnx data rates for documenting seminar
on Nov 11, 2016 at 7:37:05 pm

I have a large number of seminars to shoot using a switched setup with Panasonic AC130a cameras into a Roland V1-HD switcher. Using a Ninja 2 for record final output. These are simple speaker at podium/panel discussions for compressiont o 720p and web distribution. There will be almost no post on these other than possible very slight color grade. What data rate can anyone suggest from their experience as being acceptable for this type of situation. I know that acceptable in the eye of the beholder if you're doing something like this what do you use to make your corporate/educational clients happy?

Thanks
Dan

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: prores/dnx data rates for documenting seminar
on Nov 11, 2016 at 8:28:38 pm

How will the end-user see this video? YouTube? Vimeo? Blu-Ray? Something else?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dan Sawyer
on Nov 11, 2016 at 10:24:46 pm

I think the primary delivery will be through brightcove. The also use SD DVD's but the bulk will be on line primarily for PC and mobile.

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
on Nov 11, 2016 at 11:23:49 pm

I've had decent results at 720P with a 3 megabit data rate. Especially if the content is a speaker at a podium.

That being the case, I'd try even lower - if you feel like experimenting. Then make and save your custom preset and you can simply apply it to every file you output as you go along.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Di Lullo
on Nov 12, 2016 at 4:35:28 pm

If you are asking which ProRes flavor to use, I'd say you'd be very happy with ProRes LT for this job.

Jeffrey Di Lullo
jeffedits.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]