FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF Export Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eui Yong Zong
AAF Export Problem
on Nov 10, 2016 at 9:18:09 pm

Hello,

I've edited a feature doc, locked the cut now ready to export AAF for sound-edit.

half of the audio files used in the timeline are MP3, the other half Wav.

when I export AAF, it crashes, sometimes right away or sometimes in the middle of export.

I could never figure out why it crashes, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with mp3 formats,
and if that's the case, how I can solve the problem.
Adobe couldn't figure out what the problem was.

attached are the error reports:

my system specs are:

2 x 3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 24 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4095 MB

Thank you very much in advance,

Yong

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AAF Export Problem
on Nov 10, 2016 at 11:55:55 pm

Those mp3 files are probably the root of your woes. Sometimes they're fine, sometimes they're a nightmare. Right now you're having bad and not good dreams, I think. It's best NEVER to use mp3 files -- avoid the potential for grief, y'know?

The fix: bring the mp3s into Audition and convert them to wav or aiff files, then replace the mp3's in the peroject with them. And your grief should be over.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eui Yong Zong
on Nov 11, 2016 at 1:38:34 am

HI Dave,

Thank you so much for your reply.

When you say bring in Mp3s into Audition and convert -

I already have everything cut in a Premiere timeline - do you mean I could convert the mp3 files to wav
and then re-stitch the audio pieces one by one? because that would be an absolute nightmare?

or do you mean, I could convert mp3 to wav (preserving the same file names) and then make the mp3 files on the Premiere timeline
go offline, and relink to the converted Wav formate? I'm wondering if this is theoretically possible?

Thank you once again,

Yong

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
on Nov 11, 2016 at 4:21:20 am

Simply round-tripping an audio track to Audition will convert it to .wav format and sub it in on the timeline - presuming you use Dynamic Link. I've been doing that for a number of projects with interesting nat sound recently and sending an audio clip to Audition exports, and substitutes, a .wav file on the timeline that then tracks what I save out of Audition as I modify something.

If you don't change anything you'll still end up with the files there in place, one-for-one.

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
on Nov 11, 2016 at 4:23:30 am

To add, just right-click on each MP3 in turn and from the menu, select "Edit in Adobe Audition" and off you go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]