FORUMS: list search recent posts

duplicates made when importing raw dng sequences

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john campbell
duplicates made when importing raw dng sequences
on Nov 8, 2016 at 11:21:16 pm
Last Edited By john campbell on Nov 8, 2016 at 11:50:06 pm

Hi, I dont typically shoot raw, but I have just shot a music video with 26 clips on a dji x5r.
when I imported the files it took about 20hrs(should have known something was wrong) for about 500GB of footage.
when i open the project folder there are (for example) 7,000+ duplicate files made from a single clip.
its as if premiere duplicated a whole clip for each frame it saw.
It seems to me the trouble is premiere is confused by the long numerical file names.

How do I import the dng sequence files without premiere deciding to duplicate each clip thousands of times?
Do I need to import each clip seperately, or re name each clip, or both?
Thanks!

update: I think the problem is importing the entire folder. when I select each clip in the media browser and import it, it seems to work fine.
not good if you have a big project though, imoprting each clip seperatly is not an efficient workflow....

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: duplicates made when importing raw dng sequences
on Nov 9, 2016 at 3:16:29 pm

How about if you go inside the folder and select all the clips, instead of selecting the folder. Does that work the same as selecting one clip or does that also create thousands of clips? If they're all DNG files numbered in numerical order, possibly Premiere sees them as individual images rather than video. When I export a clip as PNG files, when I re-import the clip there's an option to import entire sequence. Maybe by checking that option it will import properly. You won't see that if you just select the folder and import it.

Maybe that might help. I'm far from expert but sometimes I nail it.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Nov 9, 2016 at 8:06:09 pm

Hi John,

Currently batch import of dng files is not supported. The best method was posted on the Adobe forums. I've also included a video demo of it as well.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1451207 - Post #29

" I have the same problem as you do, but I managed to find a temporary lowtech solution that's maybe useful for you or for other users.
You can go to the folder where all your rushes are and just search for all the files in that subfolders ending by 00000.dng
This way you will have all the first dng files of every sequence and you can move them directly to your media pool in Premiere, where they will appear as unique sequences of all your dng files.
For me it works like a charm."

Video:

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

john campbell
on Nov 9, 2016 at 10:25:22 pm

Good advise, thanks Peter and Duke. Appreciate the help.

Blind Eye Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]