FORUMS: list search recent posts

p2

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jody Lazarski
p2
on Nov 8, 2016 at 1:51:14 am

Hello,

I'm a teacher who just started using Adobe Premiere Pro 2015, and my students just filmed on p2 and the video clips are there, but the audio is not, and I'm sure we recorded audio. Can anyone help me understand where the audio went or why it's not being read?

Thank you,
Jody Lazarski
Video Production Teacher.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: p2
on Nov 8, 2016 at 4:56:05 am

You need to import the footage through the media browser panel in Premiere. Don't change the folder structure of the P2 card. Copy it as it is.

Return to posts index

Jody Lazarski
on Nov 8, 2016 at 10:49:02 am

Wont it go offline once I remove the p2 card? I wanted to try to import the files to an external drive first, then bring them in so we wouldn't clog up my computer saving locally. I thought bringing them in straight from card using media browser could make them go offline if we remove the cards after the import?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Nov 8, 2016 at 11:09:31 am

[Jody Lazarski] "Wont it go offline once I remove the p2 card?"

Premiere doesn't create media when you import. Copy the contents of the cards in their own folders on a local hard drive first.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 8, 2016 at 3:19:40 pm

When shooting tapeless, the first step is always, ALWAYS...back up the FULL card contents to a backup drive. If you are teaching, you need to teach this. THis is VERY important. Here are the steps we practice in the field for broadcast TV:

1) Shoot
2) Back up the FULL CARD CONTENTS AND CARD STRUCTURE (very important) to TWO USB drives in the field...into folders with unique file names* (see below)...reformat the card for re-use in the camera. Ship one back to the production company. If the footage doesn't exist in two locations, it doesn't exist. If a drive is lost or damaged, you need to have a backup.
3) Archive the footage from the USB drive to either a RAID array, with RAID 5 or 6 reduntancy, or to TWO hard drives at the office. Ship the drive back to production. Always maintain two copies, and the full card structure.
4) If transcoding the footage, then transcode the media to a media drive. If using an editor that allows footage to be brought in natively, COPY the full card structure to the Media Drive and then import/link to the footage.

Knowing that students do not have the full resources of a production company...they can simply back up the full card to an external drive, one meant for archive, and then copy to a Media drive...a separate drive...for editing. That still allows for the media to be in two locations, so it's safe.

*Folders with unique file names. This is important...a way to archive the footage and track it. These folders are, in essence, the "REEL NUMBERS." So I give the folders names that represent the project name, the date shot, the camera used and number of the backup. FOR EXAMPLE.... OAK4_11082016_A1. That would be CURSE OF OAK ISLAND, Season 4...shot on Nov 8, 2016, A camera, 1st backup. So OAK4_11082016_B4 would be the B camera, 4th card backup of the day on Nov 8.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]