FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Sony F55 RAW in LOG-2

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Loeloff
Editing Sony F55 RAW in LOG-2
on Oct 27, 2016 at 10:24:25 pm

I'm having some trouble with Premiere and my RAW Sony F55 footage. This is a new process for me as I don't normally shoot RAW on this camera, but for this project I am. I'm trying to edit the footage in the RAW SLog2 format and then export for color in Resolve. However all of my clips are coming in to premiere defulting in REC709, so i have to go clip by clip and change the master color source to log2..... this would be fine if it was a small project, but it's massive.

So is there any way to turn off the sony color profile or something i'm doing wrong to make the defult for my footage show in premiere as slog2 not Rec709?

A note if i go in to resolve with the footage it is the flat raw footy, and if i export an xml and open in resolve same deal, no matter if the clip is in rec709 or slog2 in the source color settings.

(I shot it dark so some of the footage i can barely make out when editing in REC709. I want to see what i saw in the camera!

Thanks
Justin

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Editing Sony F55 RAW in LOG-2
on Oct 28, 2016 at 1:08:54 am

Right click all the clips in the project panel and select "disable master clip effects"

Return to posts index

Justin Loeloff
on Oct 28, 2016 at 1:05:54 pm

When I do that, it makes the clips REC709... it's like it is importing it that way. I've looked in the camera and i don't see any setting that even has REC709 on that i can find.

Also of note in prelude and After Effects the clips look to be REC709 as well. The only place it seems to be right is resolve. Hell even when i make it a slog-2 and export a proxie the proxie looks like rec709.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Nov 1, 2016 at 9:17:02 pm

Hi Justin,

You can change one of the files Source Settings to S-Log and copy the Master Clip effect. Then select all of the files within the project and paste the Master Clip effect to them.

Does that work for you?

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]