FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow and Export settings for PAL 25fps and NTSC 29.97fps(24p) on same timeline with no issues.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oluwakayode Adeyemi-Kayne
Workflow and Export settings for PAL 25fps and NTSC 29.97fps(24p) on same timeline with no issues.
on Oct 22, 2016 at 1:46:57 pm

Hello everyone
Glad to be here to learn from the great minds here, i have had so much progress reading and learning from all the tips and tricks posted. Thank you,

I have one issue bugging me at the moment.
I have 3 panasonic cameras, 2 HPX200 (one PAL and one NTSC) and one HVX500 (NTSC)
Recently the HVX500 NTSC camera had a fault and i have now resorted to using the PAL and NTSC HPX200 for my recordings. But please note that i have never EVER used the Panasonic HPX200 PAL before this period.
I make use of Adobe Premier Pro CS3 for editing, please bear with me that is what i can afford.

So my issue now is choosing the workflow for having both ntsc and pal on the same timeline and exporting them with no issues.

The properties for the footage:
NTSC:
Image size: 960x720
Pixel depth: 960
Frame rate: 29.97 (24p)

PAL:
Image size: 960x720
Pixel depth: 960
Frame rate: 25.00

I did a test recording and put both footages on the same timeline minus the audio for the PAL 25fps ( i will NOT be using the audio on this camera at all for my project but would use the audio on the NTSC camera instead since the project is a multicamera project), the first attempt went well, i exported with no issues even
with some basic color correction, then i saw i needed to reduce the saturation and i did so and tried to export same sequence and ever since i have been getting error messages such as 'no output generated' or "adobe has encountered a serious problem and needs to shut down'.

Baffled!
The first time i exported i had no issues so why now.
I am perplexed and i have tried all i can even trying interpreting the 25fps to 29.97 and 24 fps respectively. But it still crashes PP3.

Can someone give me a workaround/solution so that i will not experience this errors when i begin my project.

PLEASE!

Thank you.

NOTE: I have no need for the audio from the PAL camera which also doubles as a cutaway camera.
The main camera is the NTSC shooting at 24p.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Workflow and Export settings for PAL 25fps and NTSC 29.97fps(24p) on same timeline with no issues.
on Oct 22, 2016 at 6:10:25 pm

Sorry... there will ALWAYS be issues. Choose a frame rate for your delivery. Make the frame rates of the footage match.

End of story. Anything else you may propose is simply wishful thinking.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Re: Workflow and Export settings for PAL 25fps and NTSC 29.97fps(24p) on same timeline with no issues.
on Oct 22, 2016 at 8:07:35 pm

Thank you Dave for your reply.
I appreciate.
Do you mean i should use 'interpret footage' to make the frame rates match?
I will like to make the PAL25fps match 29.97 (24p) fps so can you kindly tell me how to do that?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 24, 2016 at 5:56:47 pm

Here's the big question: Do you have audio anywhere in the project that syncs with your video clips?

If no, it's comparatively easy... at least compared to the headaches caused by sync audio at different frame rates.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

on Oct 24, 2016 at 6:23:17 pm

Thanks for replying.
I do have audio but it syncs well.
I am not using audio from the PAL camera.
My project setting is set to 24fps and the NTSC video and audio exports nicely but when combined with the PAL video (no PAL audio) then it crashes during export.

I did notice something though, I interpreted the 25fps PAL footage and matched its fps to that of the 24fps NTSC (I got 23.976) and when I exported both footages on the same time line I had no issues BUT then I noticed the exported PAL footage had some frames missing and so I went back to the time and did some corrections and tried exporting and the same crashing problem started all over.

I dont know what the issue is but if I were to make a rough guess I would say that Adobe allows interpreting to match frames and allows editing and successful exporting BUT if you do any amendments on the time line after exporting, it upsets the interpretive configuration HENCE you would have to interpret all over again and edit all over again and export all over again in that sequence. Its happened twice to me and 'illogical' as it may sound, thats what I have experienced TWICE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]