FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import only selected part of sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bella Gavelin
Import only selected part of sequence
on Oct 21, 2016 at 8:59:53 am

When dragging a sequence into another sequence I only what the selected part (in and out) of it. How?

bella

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Import only selected part of sequence
on Oct 21, 2016 at 9:28:10 am

Slide the beginning and end points to the section of the sequence you want to use in the other sequence first, then import it into the other sequence. You can make a duplicate in the project file first so you have a copy of the entire sequence. I'm sure there's an easier way, but I specialize in simple solutions from my simple mind ;-)

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Oct 21, 2016 at 9:32:34 am

I keep forgetting how to edit my own comments on this board! Anyway...

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/edit-sequences-loaded-source-mon...

That explains how you can open a sequence in your source monitor and edit it there, then drag it into your other sequence.

Return to posts index

Bella Gavelin
on Nov 2, 2016 at 1:00:09 pm

You mean in and out points? They are not being regarded when I drag that sequence into a new one. Is that supposed to work?

I did the other way you suggested, good to know that you can have a sequence in the source monitor!

bella

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Nov 2, 2016 at 1:05:00 pm

Cool! By in and out points, I meant on the timeline. Don't set in and out points using markers, drag the end of the sequence to where you want it to end, then drag the beginning of the sequence to where you want it to start, then slide the whole thing over to the beginning of the sequence (00:00:00, etc.)

But editing it in the source monitor is better since you will still have the original unedited sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]