Best solution for Live Camera Capturing in Premiere Pro CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Vile
Best solution for Live Camera Capturing in Premiere Pro CS6
on Oct 14, 2016 at 12:02:35 pm

Hello guys,

I´m back with a question.
Could anybody tell me the currently best solution for live capturing in Prem CS6 please?
Saw that the Matrox MX02 is able to do the job but post was from 2009, so is there a new and better interface to to that?
We are using a Sony a7s and a 32gb Ram 8 core windows machine.

Thanks a lot!

Regards
Chris

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
Re: Best solution for Live Camera Capturing in Premiere Pro CS6
on Oct 14, 2016 at 1:34:52 pm

Hey Chris,
Does your PC have Thunderbolt ports?
If not, you can get a Blackmagic Declink card. There are a few models and these go into the pcie slots. And BM are reasonably priced too. I'm using a Mac and use BM thunderbolt I/O. I was using a Matrox LE and had problems with their drivers while I was using PrPro CC last year. Switched to BM and it's been going alright:)

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 14, 2016 at 2:01:48 pm

Hi Chris,

I've been a Matrox user for many years, but unfortunately the life of the MXO2 series is coming to an end. Yes, there are drivers for CS6 and Windows 7, and maybe 8 now (finally), but as far as I know there will be no further development.

Therefore, I would side with Kannan and suggest something from Black Magic. The least-expensive solution will be a Mini Recorder, a small PCI-e card with both SDI and HDMI inputs. Or move up to an Intensity Pro 4K which has HDMI and Analog capture, but also provides output meaning you can connect a video monitor and see the Premiere output while editing/scrubbing/playing timeline.

Either of those solutions will require an available PCI-e slot in the PC. Black Magic also has its own capture utility, so you could use that rather than Premiere, your choice. These capture devices will also provide input for live streaming such as vMix, Wirecast, Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, etc.

Not sure what your intended workflow is, but one benefit of "live capture" in studio is that the captured file will be more robust than what the cameras typically record internally - you will have an intra-frame 4:2:2 codec at a high data rate, great for keying.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Chris Vile
on Nov 30, 2016 at 6:55:49 pm

Hey Jeff,

thank you very much for your detailed support and as I told Kannan, sorry for my late reply.
Yes, I will go with a blackmagic as I want to use for keying as well.
So, yeah, I'll let u all know how it goes when I'm done.
Thank you guys, you all rock hard! 😉
Cheers
Chris

Return to posts index

Chris Vile
on Nov 30, 2016 at 6:49:47 pm

Hi Kannan,
thank you very much for your support and sorry for my late reply but I could not get access to my cow account^^
Yes, I will try a blackmagic card because there is no tb on our machine here.

I'll let you know how it works.
Thanks a lot !
Cheers
Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]