FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import multiple TIFF sequences

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapman
Import multiple TIFF sequences
on Sep 30, 2016 at 11:21:14 pm

Hey all -

I'll be getting around 400 scenes from an animation company for a final edit. They are all .TIF sequences. Is there a way to import multiple TIFF sequences into a single project. Would be kinda annoying to have to browse to each #1 image every time.

thanks
Chapman

Return to posts index

matt chapman
Re: Import multiple TIFF sequences
on Oct 3, 2016 at 9:30:52 pm

Hmmm.. bump.

If I have 400 TIF sequences I have to import them all one-by-one?

I saw some post about making them all After Effects projects, and then importing from there...

Chapman

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Oct 4, 2016 at 3:52:42 am

[matt chapman] "If I have 400 TIF sequences I have to import them all one-by-one?"

Yes. You can make a feature request here http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html or bring the sequences in Resolve and export them out as footage clips.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Oct 4, 2016 at 8:01:22 am
Last Edited By Roei Tzoref on Oct 4, 2016 at 8:06:09 am

What if you drag and drop the Tiff seq folders into the source window? I know in Ae when you drag a sequence folder, it is imported as sequence

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Oct 4, 2016 at 8:52:53 am

If you drag a folder with an image sequence in Premiere you'll get every single frame is it's own file. Same thing through the media browser. Premiere is kinda bad when dealing with a lot if image sequences and I've written to them every time they've had an update. It doesn't seem to be a problem for most people because they haven't done anything to it.

Return to posts index

matt chapman
on Oct 5, 2016 at 6:27:53 pm

OK, I figured out a way to do it that requires a limited knowledge of After Effects, and also it ONLY WORKS ON WINDOWS machines, but it definitely works!

OPEN After Effects. Make sure you have your EDIT>PREFERENCES set to interpret footage at the frame rate you will want for the sequences.

OPEN premiere and open the project you want to work on.

-Using File Explorer browse to the folder with the sequences you want to import. DRAG those files from the Window to the Project media in AFTER EFFECTS. (depending on file size this may take some time)

--Click off of the sequences, then RE-SELECT all of them. Use CTRL+C to copy the files. This may take a while as well.

-Open PREMIERE and using CTRL+V paste the items into the project.

VIOLA - 400+ TIF Sequences opened in AE at the right frame rate

ONLY works with Windows.

Chapman

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Oct 5, 2016 at 6:50:03 pm

Great! I wonder why not on Mac? Where does it not allow an operation?

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]