FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing/Linking proxies with offline footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Woods
Editing/Linking proxies with offline footage
on Sep 27, 2016 at 8:59:18 pm

Hi,

Kicking the tires on and trying to find a workflow using the new Proxy settings. I have a project on a main machine that has the original 4k footage. I have made proxies for it, and everything seems to be working well. I can switch back and forth between proxy and original. I am trying to put a copy of that project on a second machine so that I can edit using only the proxy media. I have copied, the project, and the proxies, but not the originals. Opening the project on the other machine it looks for the original media, and I chose to offline it, but it also offlines the proxies. Is there a way to work offline on a project using proxy media only?

Thanks,

- Matt

Check out 9 Slice Scale.
A way to scale graphics while preserving the border and corners.
An FxFactory Plugin for AE, Premiere, Motion and FCP.
http://monadnock.org/9slice/

Return to posts index

Eric Ivey
Re: Editing/Linking proxies with offline footage
on Sep 27, 2018 at 6:29:37 pm

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for this post. I am wondering if you were able to find a way to do this? I am in the same boat. Many thanks! - Eric

Return to posts index

Graham Withers
on Sep 27, 2018 at 8:29:41 pm

I've work with this workflow on a few projects - when you open the project on your "proxy" system and that opening dialogue box asks you to link the footage, I think you can highlight all the high res media and put is as "offline" and then link the proxies, no?

Return to posts index

Cyrus Dowlatshahi
on Oct 12, 2018 at 2:48:54 pm

Yes, that is how it is supposed to work.

Utilizing the proxy workflow properly involves setting up projects using original 4k media, so Premiere will always ask where it is. When you initially open projects on your 2nd proxy-only system, then point Premiere to the proxies, then hit command-S, it should update where it looks for the proxies when you open up the project the next day (i.e. it will stop looking for proxies on your original system). It will still ask for the full resolution media each time you open the project, but that should be an easy one-click "offline all" move, and the project should open on your 2nd system with your clips online and linked to proxy media on that system.

@cyrusdowlatshahi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]