FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Remapping conflict with Motion and other Effect Keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Bigelow
Time Remapping conflict with Motion and other Effect Keyframes
on Jun 22, 2016 at 5:20:22 pm

I've looked around a bit on this issue but I'm still mystified. similar (or maybe the same) to this: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/792981

If I apply speed changes via the Time Remapping/Speed levels in the Timeline, and then make keframes for Motion adjustments like Scale (or any other effect keyframe for that matter, there is widely varied behavior as to how those keyframes interact with the time remapped clip.

This only happens on transforming time changes via the timeline pannel, not via right click, "Speed/Duration" adjustments where the adjustment is constant.

Sometimes no other keyframe adjustments work at all when speed ramps, or a motion transformation will not take place at the location of the keyframes in the Effects Panel. Other times it gets real buggy and seems like there's ghost keyframes.

It's a mess. I'm guessing its because of how Premiere orders its effects rendering, with time happening last? What I've recently done is made my speed changes first, then nested that composition, and made other adjustments to the new comp. But this is a terrible strategy for a workflow, as now I have to make speed changes on another version, which will destroy much of the other keyframes in the top level comp.

This would make time remapping useless in all instances where other effects need to be applied?

Is there a way I'm overlooking to make the keyframes stick to the layer timecode so they transform their temporal keyframes WITH the speed changes?

Why why why. Thanks thanks thanks.

(I'm on CC 2015.2)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]