FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mouse Pointer Alignment

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Barry
Mouse Pointer Alignment
on May 25, 2016 at 8:45:43 pm

Hey folks!

I've had a strange issue crop up today, it was not resolved by restarting the software or rebooting my machine. The issue at hand is that my mouse pointer is not targeting where the mouse is. It is targeting an inch below where the mouse visually is. It's only happening in Premiere.

I know this sometimes occurs in certain software when the program's resolution differs from the desktop. Any help would be fantastic.

Specs:

- Premiere 9.2.0 (41) Build
- OSX El Captain 10.11
- IMac 5k
- AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Return to posts index

James Barry
Re: Mouse Pointer Alignment
on May 25, 2016 at 8:48:32 pm

I should note that this only happens when I'm dragging something, holding the mouse button down.

Return to posts index

Jordan Woodworth
on May 26, 2016 at 6:00:30 pm

I don't have an answer to this but my coworker was experiencing a very similar issue, alignment was off by maybe a couple mouse pointer widths. Not sure what fixed his problem. I chalk it up to what seems to be Premiere's main initiative, "More bugs, less features".

Return to posts index

Bradford Jones
on Jul 6, 2017 at 9:08:26 pm

This has been a real problem for me for months have you had any help in getting it fixed?

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jul 7, 2017 at 2:04:38 pm

I'm pretty sure you pegged it, the resolution of your monitor. When I switched from a regular computer monitor to a 720p HDTV as a monitor everything was fine but when I then changed to a 1080p my mouse was off by at least an inch. But on my new PC it's fine, even with the same monitor. But I'm pretty sure that is the source of your problem.

Return to posts index

James Barry
on Jul 7, 2017 at 2:22:28 pm

Yes I sorted out the issue. If you are running dual monitors, disconnect the secondary monitor. Allow your computer to recalibrate for one monitor, and then plug the second one in.

For some reason having dual monitors, depending on your premiere set-up, will throw off the Mouse Alignment. Not sure what causes it for certain, but I do know that the above method will correct.

Return to posts index

Stephen Webster
on Oct 8, 2017 at 6:40:13 pm

The disconnect/reconnect work around is one way to solve this bug, but I found a simpler/faster one that is so dumb but works. Hold-click on the application window top bar and wiggle your cursor/mouse. Let go and mapping is corrected. Best if Adobe fixed this weird issue, but I hope this helps in the meantime.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Oct 8, 2017 at 8:59:44 pm

I am having a similar issue that just started recently on only one of my systems and makes absolutely no sense. In my case absolutely nothing has changed on my system, not even a PP update. If I right click in a Bin even all the way to the right on my right monitor the dialoge box opens about two to three inches from the left edge of my left monitor.

Talk about ridiculous and annoying. I've tried clearing all of PP's preferences, a complete uninstall and re-install etc. with no success. I will give your suggestions a try and hopefully they fix it. If not I will be back to ask for some other suggestions.

Gonna cross my fingers and hope you suggestion help.

Thanks

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]