FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stalling on playback of MXF files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Evans
Stalling on playback of MXF files
on May 3, 2016 at 7:14:29 pm

I have recently installed Premiere pro on my 2010 mac pro to replace FCP7
Previously FCP 7 had been dealing fine with native mxd files but Premiere is providing me with all sorts of problems. Im constantly having to wait for it to catch up on playback and audio drops out at points playing a longer sequence.
Im quite new to this programme so would appreciate any advice at troubleshooting my system
Im running a ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB graphics card (wondering if this is the issue) 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor and 10gb of ram
Thank you in advance
Andy

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: Stalling on playback of MXF files
on May 4, 2016 at 12:20:25 am

3 things come to mind:

10gb of system ram is barely cutting it...16gb seems to be the bare minimum these days.

Do you have OpenCL enabled in project settings...that might help.

Most importantly, what drive are you playing the mxf files from?

Return to posts index

Andy Evans
Re: Stalling on playback of MXF files
on May 4, 2016 at 12:50:38 am

Hey Chris manny thanks for the reply That is curious about the ram....on final cut it was more than enough to play the mxf files
I wonder why the requirement is so much these days as its doing essential the same task?...hmmm. My pc also has less ram than 16gb and sails through mxf reading. Probably to do with the software I'm guessing. The drive the mxf is reading from is the newest item in my set up G drive thunderbolt 4tb. Which i am reading from its usb port..wondering if this is a problem? I don't think what I'm asking premier to do is very hard comparatively to other programmes i use so I'm trying to fathom if its a compatibility issue or a settings issue. I normally use Avid so this is a completely new system to me but any help is greatly appreciated as need to get it running smoothly for a new project I'm working on
OpenCL is enabled but this hasn't helped grrrr
Im sure one of you bright fellows will help me get to the bottom of it.
:) Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]