We're editing a project right now using PPro CC 2015 in which all the footage is stored on our office wide server. Our editors need to be able to search through all the footage to find whatever clips they need. The problem I'm having is finding a system that works to solve this issue.
I initially thought Bridge/metadata would be the solution. As an experiment, I added some keywords to a couple clips on our server, and any subsequent searches in Bridge using those keywords brought the correct results. However, when I tried doing the same thing on another computer, there were no results.
After some googling, I thought that this was a cache issue. As a further experiment, I changed the cache to a folder on the server for two different computers to see if that would change things, and it hasn't. One computer would bring up the correct results, the other would bring up none.
The other issue I have is that our footage is stored across multiple RAIDs, and when I try to conduct the same search at the topmost level of the server, it produces no results, meaning our editors would have to do the same search for each RAID that contains footage.
I'm not even sure Bridge is the correct solution to this problem, but I could really use some advice on managing large quantities of footage that can be searchable across multiple systems on a network/server.