FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will stability disrupt our workflow?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ariella Furman
Will stability disrupt our workflow?
on Jan 25, 2016 at 6:48:35 pm

Hello! I am part of a wedding video company researching editing systems. We do upwards of 200-300 weddings a year. We are currently using FCP 7 but looking to upgrade to achieve background media transcoding while editing. Right now we have to transcode everything, which is a major time problem.

I enjoy the interface of Premiere a lot and can see us working within it. However, I have heard it can be unstable. Crashing, simple tools no longer working, overly long export times, and general workflow disruptions that involve time troubleshooting. I've heard it all.

Since we pay editors by the project (not hourly), and since we are working on sometimes 3-4 projects in a single day on multiple machines with time limits and spitting out edits left and right, wanted to hear people's thoughts about the possible instabilities of the program and whether it can support the intensity of time constraints and quantity of edits. Can it support a potential powerhorse without crashing?

Our ceremony edit is 1 hour long. Our reception edit is 1 hour long. We finish approx. 3 ceremony and reception edits in 1 day.

We are running iMacs (1.4 GHZ intel core i5 processor) with Yosemite and 8 gigs ram (but am willing to update the ram).

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]