FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple audio tracks making for an inefficient timeline....

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dale Holman Wallace
Multiple audio tracks making for an inefficient timeline....
on Dec 16, 2015 at 11:14:20 am

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on audio tracks in Premiere Pro CC.

I'm working on a long-form drama project. The excellent sound recordist used a number of mics - lav, boom etc - for each take, with the result that each audio take has between 5 and even sometimes 8 audio tracks.

While this will be great news to the sound designer who will have far more options, it's creating a bit of trouble for me in the timeline! When I'm crossing audio between scenes / shots, I have a situation in which occassionally, I'm getting up to 25 audio tracks. Not only is this creating lag, but it's also really inefficient in terms of my ability to move quickly around / up and down the timeline, which is something I value very highly.

My question is - is there any way I could consolidate the multiple audio tracks into one single audio nest, or something, that could subsequently be unpacked when I need to be more specific about audio / when the sound designer needs to get started.

The recordist used timecode, so one thought I had was to delete all but one of the audio tracks and then simply go through and add in the others at the end of the process, using timecode for each individual shot (time-consuming, I know, but probably worth it in the long-run!).

Does anyone have any bright ideas?

Best,

Mr. Dale

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]