FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere CC Saving Permission Error

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Stanley
Premiere CC Saving Permission Error
on Sep 4, 2014 at 6:17:10 pm

Hello editor friends, I'm having a bit of an issue with Premiere and I can't seem to find a solution. I just recently made the switch from FCP7. Currently using a maxed out top of the line 2014 MacBook Pro 15".

The issue:
About 50% of the time I save my project, I get a little dialogue box that pops up that says:

"Can't copy to file: /Users/Chris/Creative Cloud Files/Premiere Pro/8.0/Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save/[my project name].prproj.
Please check write permissions."

It's incredibly annoying. I have followed this directory/path and made sure every file/folder is read and write for all users on my 2014MBP. Nothing seems to change. Oddly, it only happens 50% of the time. What is causing this? Solutions? Thanks for your help!

- Chris

Return to posts index

Brittany DeLillo
Re: Premiere CC Saving Permission Error
on Sep 4, 2014 at 10:56:12 pm

I'm having this problem as well. Looking forward to a solution!

Return to posts index

Gates Bradley
on Nov 19, 2014 at 7:50:53 pm

I just am now getting this as well. Strange thing is – it's happening on a project I have been happily saving to for some days now. The only thing I've done in the interim is relink media. Would love to know if anyone has worked this out.

Return to posts index

jonah maddox
on Dec 5, 2014 at 12:00:26 am

Im getting this too. Interestingly on a machine I work on at the office it is happily saving away, only my home one has started saying this. I can't think of any updates or changes to the system in the week....

Return to posts index

kimberly reed
on Dec 30, 2014 at 3:38:27 pm

i've been having precisely the same issue for the past few months, spanning CC and CC2014. does anyone have any solutions?

seems to occur more often now -- maybe 75% of the time now. i'm afraid one of these times i won't be able to sell at all!

thanks all

Return to posts index

Gates Bradley
on Jan 31, 2015 at 9:18:02 pm

Just wanted to bump this, as it's an issue that still occurs. Seems it's only effecting my autosaving to the cloud. the creative cloud folder to be specific.

Return to posts index

Alexander Goff
on Mar 18, 2015 at 11:51:53 am

Just upgraded 2 machines here to latest versions of Yosemite and CC - have found the problem occurs at random in various projects. Can be solved with a restart sometimes... but there's no real pattern to it as far as I can tell.

Return to posts index

Arvid Eriksson
on Apr 14, 2015 at 9:37:37 pm

Same here. Running Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 Release. Build 8.2.0 (65). I get this message: "Can't copy to file: .../Creative Cloud Files/... Please check write permissions" I'll have to turn off the cloud backup, which otherwise would be nice a feature. Hope it'll start to work in a future release.

Arvid Eriksson
http://www.arvideriksson.com/

Return to posts index

Ht Davis
on Apr 17, 2015 at 4:42:10 am

When a drive is considered "Busy" it is write protected. Turn off anything that monitors it. Then try again. Make sure your external drive has no Permissions on it by using a format without the permissions structure (FAT formats usually do the trick), and you can tell the system to ignore permissions.

Return to posts index

James Strawn
on Apr 20, 2015 at 3:55:12 pm

A++ for HT Davis... what he said is probably case in almost every reported case here

If it thinks the disk is write protected, that's because something at the system level is telling it that it is. You need to do whatever you can to make sure it's not being made busy by other processes at the time of your auto saves. Also, you need to 2x check all your permissions to make sure something isn't blocking you without you knowing it. I also use FAT whenever I can for this reason, among others.

Return to posts index

Ht Davis
on May 5, 2015 at 2:29:30 am

Thanks for the props, James. And yes, if your drive is in use by a monitoring app or driver, it doesn't matter if it's FAT or FLAT! It will still show up as write protected in many instances. Disk drill, drive genius, tech tool, even disk utility can have that effect on a disk; the program tells the os that it needs exclusive rights to the interface, and the os removes the write capability temporarily. Unfortunately, it doesn't always return that permission in a timely fashion. Sometimes a restart is necessary, or just unplug the drive and plug back in, repair if needed, relink any files and save.

Return to posts index

Christopher White
on Nov 4, 2016 at 12:49:44 pm

Hi All,

I'm having the same issue. Just wanted to write and add something I've found that's odd - the autosaves, despite Premiere coming up with the error, are actually working. Has anyone else come across this? Every 15 mins, without fail, I get an error message from Premiere saying check write permissions, but every 15 mins, the creation date on the autosave in my CC folder is updated. Could this be a Premiere bug rather than a Creative Cloud permissions problem??

Thanks all,

Chris

Return to posts index

Rick Lavon
on Nov 10, 2016 at 5:54:34 pm

I have noticed the exact same issue. Is it because it is not set up to be shared on the cloud page?

Return to posts index

Josh Bernhard
on Mar 14, 2017 at 10:47:04 pm

According to this thread, it's a Creative Cloud permissions problem: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1653967

I got the same problem right after I checked the auto-save to Creative Cloud box; stopped as soon as I unchecked it.

Return to posts index

Ht Davis
on Dec 4, 2017 at 7:38:10 pm

I've made the jump to PC, but I worked mac for a long time (about a decade).
Your permissions for active folders are stored in memory, but non active folders do not. The backup feature uses an inactive folder call (ie it doesn't automatically load the folder for backup until it's needed, then it releases it). It keeps the load down (though, not by much). On windows 10, this happened to me a few times with an earlier CC, just after a major update to windows. I had to set the programs to open in administrator mode to get it to stop, and set it to happen for all users, not just my own account. If you are using an SSD, the problem may be that your transistors are wearing slightly, and you may need to run some maintenance. If an HDD, you may want to run a heirarchy and permissions repair. Fix the journaling on the disk, which is similar to a windows master file table. I used to run that fix once a month to keep the journal fresh. That file is where most apps will get the data from, and if it isn't found fast enough, you can get an error.
Run the full disk repair and a permission repair from your restoration partition, then try this again. IF it continues to happen, I'd suspect that it is an error with the folder call.
Also... Try running your backups to an external disk where Permissions are ignored completely. You can set this using the get info command on the external, and then selecting ignore permissions on this partition. If it still happens, it's a bug in the folder call or the running mode of the app. Try a reinstall, and if that doesn't work, submit a bug report to Adobe.

Return to posts index

JP Pelc
on Oct 26, 2018 at 3:36:59 pm

Hello all, I know this is very old but I thought I'd share my solution. When I came across this issue, I found that the source was an internet connectivity issue. In my case, my VPN was trying to connect and therefore I couldn't connect to the internet. Check any firewalls to make sure Adobe has total access.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]