FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to Export a very important project.. "Reading XMP"

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele Poggi
Unable to Export a very important project.. "Reading XMP"
on Aug 5, 2013 at 3:58:30 pm

I never had a problem with this machine, and now that I'm trying to export my last project it just doesn't work. AME gets stuck on "Reading XMP", and Premiere Pro just does not move an inch from 0% if I try directly exporting from it.

I don't know what could I do more than actually disabling the metadata, older posts didn't help me at all!

"Freelance Post-Producer"

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Mail: snm.poggi@gmail.com
Mobile: +39 3349129191

Return to posts index

Michele Poggi
Re: Unable to Export a very important project.. "Reading XMP"
on Aug 5, 2013 at 5:01:39 pm

I removed all the HQ pictures and IF I DELETE the Audio Tracks, it works.

The problem is I CAN'T export the Audio and I of course NEED it. I'm trying everything, without success.

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
on Aug 5, 2013 at 5:29:14 pm

As a work-around, render the audio to a wav file and the video to an intermediate codec like ProRes, DNxHD, AVC-Intra, Cineform, V210, or DPX. Import the audio and video files to Premiere, insert on a new timeline, and export using the desired delivery codec.

Return to posts index

Michele Poggi
on Aug 6, 2013 at 11:50:57 am

The project is edited with 130~ audio files, and not being able to export them from Premiere itself do you mean that I should import them into an audio editing tool and export them one by one, then "relink/replace" them in a new timeline?

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
on Aug 7, 2013 at 7:58:06 am

I was suggesting that you export the audio from Premiere without the video, then export the video without the audio, import the intermediate files, and encode the final file from the intermediates instead of the edited timeline. Will the audio export properly without the video? If not, can you export the audio as individual tracks or groups of tracks? The idea is to simplify the rendering by encoding only a portion of the job, and then integrate the rendered files in a separate timeline. A similar approach would be to render high quality preview files, and then encode from the previews.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Aug 8, 2013 at 1:04:07 am

Out of curiosity, why can't you simply disable the metadata in the Media Encoder preferences?

Is the collective metadata of each and every source file actually necessary for your applications?

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

John-Michael Seng-Wheeler
on Aug 5, 2013 at 11:08:57 pm

[Michele Poggi] "AME gets stuck on "Reading XMP", and Premiere Pro just does not move an inch from 0% if I try directly exporting from it."

How long have you waited before giving up? Depending on the size and complexity of the project this step can take quite a long time.

JM

Return to posts index

Michele Poggi
on Aug 6, 2013 at 11:53:20 am

This info ease me a little, the project IS complex (7 Video tracks and 5 audio ones with 1h~ total lenght).

I waited 2h and half before going too depressed, canceling. I'll try leaving it at night.

Is this "reading" step fundamental?

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Return to posts index

Todd Gill
on Aug 6, 2013 at 12:42:30 pm

This has also happened to me but for a :60 spot. My workaround is just exporting right out of Premiere Pro and not going to AME. It worked fine for me.

Todd Gill
Editor.Colorist
Digital Post Ink
http://www.digitalpostink.com

Return to posts index

Carl Werdine
on Nov 17, 2013 at 2:38:59 pm
Last Edited By Carl Werdine on Nov 17, 2013 at 6:15:53 pm

Have you found a solution to this problem?

I am having the same one. In my case I import concerts that we mix live and then I track them so we have the concerts split into tracks on our network for easy access. This is the workflow we have used for many years and it works best for us.

In the past I could cut the file into tracks in Premiere and then batch render them. Now the Media Encoder renders one or two tracks and then gets stuck on "Reading XMP". I waited long enough, if you count -start render, go to sleep, check in the morning and the program is still frozen- as long enough.
I have tried finding a solution to stop AME from reading the XMP data but there is no setting for that and I couldn't find a hack either.

I also tried importing the original file with Premiere settings set to not write XMP data on import, but this doesn't seem to have much of an effect either.

It worked fine in the past when we were still using SD material, but since we switched to HD this problem cropped up.

Also, rendering straight from Premiere and not via AME, apart from being time consuming as I have to wait for every single file to finish rendering before starting the next one, also makes Premiere freeze sometimes and then has to be force quit.

I'm at a loss and it is crippling.

Does anybody know of a workaround that doesn't involve an added 2-3 steps for something that should really be possible in one go?

Thanks!

(In my case I also suspect Quicktime to be the culprit as I am rendering out DNxHD files on a Windows machine and apparently there are more cases where the lack of 64bit support for Quicktime is blamed for crashing AME or Premiere. When I terminate the Quicktime Server in the task manager the program unfreezes, but the file is unusable)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]