Re: On a deadline & my Premiere project will not open

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Martin
Re: On a deadline & my Premiere project will not open
on May 17, 2013 at 5:17:18 pm

Hi Tim,

Yes, everything was done on the same computer and I do not have a trial version.

Everything is working now and I've completed the project. However, I fear that some (many?) on this forum may not like my conclusion of what happened here. Kevin's post above may be the clue.

A few days ago I got a Creative Cloud warning that my subscription was due to expire. When I logged into my CC account, I saw that my credit card payment didn't go through. I had forgot to update it after a recent fraud attempt and the bank gave me a new account. So, that was my mistake, for sure.

So I tried to update my credit card info on Adobe's site. However, I got an error that said, "Something went wrong on our end, please try again later." But it also said that my account was being transitioned to a "free account through June {I don't recall the exact date, but it was about a month away}." I'm not sure what that meant but I assumed this was some kind of grace period to get my account up to date. This was on Wednesday evening.

On Thursday morning (yesterday) I had forgot to try to update the credit card info before I jumped into the project. And that's when I got the error. I also learned that someone else in my studio had the exact same problem with another project.

So it would seem that the fear/concern/angst that some have expressed is not unwarranted. Please know that I am not a "cloud basher" and have embraced the business model and (at least the current) pricing model. However, the implementation can have holes. And while my situation is a combination of elements that led to the gnashing of teeth yesterday may not be the norm, it's hardly "Power Ball" odds I can see this (or something similar) happening to others.

What really annoyed me more than anything was that the error wasn't honest. It should have said that my account was deactivated or something so that I wouldn't chase my tail. I lost many critical hours because of the mis-direction. Major fail Adobe!

I fully take responsibility for not updating my credit card info. But I didn't think that you'd shut me down after just a day or two. What if I was away from email for a few days. Or if my email server had gone down and the message never got to me. Another major fail Adobe. A few days isn't reasonable enough notice.

So all-in-all, the story ended OK for me and my project deadline. But let this be a cautionary tail to my friends on this forum: Make sure your cc is up-to-date on the CC. And more importantly for Adobe: Don't screw with my ability to serve my clients! I and others on this forum will drop you like we did Apple.

Production is fun - but lets not forget: Nobody ever died on the video table!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]