FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere/Prelude crossplatform project sharing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Handy
Premiere/Prelude crossplatform project sharing
on May 3, 2013 at 6:05:48 pm

Although I love what Adobe is doing with Adobe Anywhere, because we already use a SAN, I have to wonder if we can get the job done sans Anywhere.

We use 6 Macs on XSAN for online editing and an in-house-made tool we call EDL Pro for offline editing. That tool isn't frame accurate, however, but it works with proxy files. So we have to tweak each edit that comes our way - many hundreds per day. On top of that, we have to re-link the media since we are working with the online media vs. the proxies.

Our hope was to use Prelude as our offline editor. When we do that on a PC, then open either the timeline (via FCP) or the Prelude project, the timeline goes away, apparently because the media is offline. (?)

Even working from a share on our SAN, because we are working with the online media vs. the offline, we have to re-link. Is there no way to make this work right? I'm sure we're just doing something wrong. Does Prelude use a relative path for the media, or is it absolute? If it could be made to use a relative path, I'm relatively sure we could make this work.

HandyGeek

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]