Re: Dynamic linking premiere pro clips with after effects

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jonnie Lewis
Re: Dynamic linking premiere pro clips with after effects
on Sep 26, 2012 at 9:40:47 am

Thanks, that does help.

One thing that constantly frustrates me is...

I tend to edit my video until I'm happy with it in Premiere before adding all my effects and colours from After Effects. Once I've completed all my colour correction I sometimes want to go back into Premiere and add cross-fades between two AE comps in my sequence.

If the clips hadn't been replaced with AE comps, I'd be able to add cross-fades because Premiere recognises that there is still some footage at the ends and beginnings of the clips with which it can create the fade.

However once they've been replaced with AE comps, Premiere no longer sees any footage at the beginning and end of the clip. To get around this, I have to go into AE and extend the length of the comp - for the clip at the beginning of the fade this is fine, as I can just extend the footage and increase the length of the comp. However for the clip at the end of the fade, I have to shift the footage along the comp's timeline so that there is a little more at the beginning for Premiere to use in the cross-fade.

Doing this however knocks the audio out of sync, as it's still sitting in Premiere's timeline, disconnected from the video footage. I guess I could create the cross-fades in After Effects, but that seems like a lot more work than just doing it in Premiere...

Thanks again,
Jonnie.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]