FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Which Nvidia card should I choose?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Cara Myers
Re: Which Nvidia card should I choose?
on Aug 15, 2012 at 12:23:08 am

I wanted to send an update as to my findings in regards to the lag and choking through running video out of the Black Magic Intensity card in the hopes that it can help someone else.

To put it simply, I was running my video output through the Black Magic Intensity card and running my audio through my line out, through the mixer and out through the speakers. Once I switched BOTH my audio and my video through the Black Magic Intensity card and started running audio of the the tv, I found that the video output playback was more efficient and the lip sync was spot on. I guess this should have been pretty obvious from the get-go (running both video and audio out of the same place), but for some reason I didn't realize. I also do want to note, though, that the card ran better with both audio and video running through it.

So, now the playback monitor in Premiere and the video output to the Plasma is very close, not perfect but close.

Also, once I called Black Magic, I learned that the Intensity Pro card by default has about a 3 frame processing time lag and HDMI has about a 2 frame lag also by default, which can add up to about a 5 or 6 frame lag.

I sincerely with Adobe Premiere Cs6 had a Frame Offset function in the preferences like Final Cut Pro did to make it all match, but from what I am seeing, it doesn't seem to. (Has anyone found anything different?)

Also, a friend was telling me that an HDSDI connection as with the AJA cards does not have the 2 frame lag that an HDMI connection has. Is this true?

Thanks in Advance

Cara Myers
Video Editor/Motion Graphics
vesperafilms.com
PLATFORM: Adobe Cs6
MACHINE: 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
RAM: 14 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
GRAPHICS CARD: ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB
PCI: Black Magic Intensity Pro
Displays: two 24" Samsung Syncmaster B2430's
VIDEO OUT: 55" Panasonic TC-P50GT50 55" Plasma television

Posts IndexRead Thread