FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro renders blue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Bonniol
Premiere Pro renders blue
on Apr 27, 2011 at 4:49:20 pm

Hello all...

I'm having an intermittent problem with Premiere Pro (CS5, operating on MacBook Pr0 17", i7)...

Occasionally specific clips render as if only the blue channel is coming across. Scrubbing previews on the timeline looks fine. Then when rendered I get the blue phenomenon.

One commonality seems to be that these are clips that have been created and rendered in AE CS5. Quicktime, using the PJPEG codec at around 90%. I've tried to rerender and replace them with animation codec, and uncompressed, and have the same issue. On one other occasion the problem seemed to go away by quitting out of Premiere, restarting the machine, and then restarting and re-rendering. But at this point I have a big project waiting to render and the issue is persistant.

The one work around I found that is consistently succesful is to import the Premiere project into AE and render from there, but then all my transitions get obliterated.

Any thoughts ?

Many thanks...

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Live Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Premiere Pro renders blue
on Apr 27, 2011 at 7:10:17 pm

Hey Bob,

Do you have a CUDA display card on board? If so, what happens when you choose to run "software only"?

What is the nature of the content? Any other commonality than the blue render?

...and after you re-rendered in AE, did you re-import?

I have seen where the "replacement" file has some sort of a linking/permissions issue on some Macs...but I'm not a Mac OS expert, so I don't possess the details.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Bob Bonniol
on Apr 27, 2011 at 8:33:49 pm

The onboard card in the MacBook Pro I'm working on is an INVIDIA GForce 330M...The content is a clip I created in After Effects which combines a still (PSD) of an old TV, with old footage from a Journey concert doc from 83 composited into it. That file was captured from a DVD originally, in MPEG4, but then I bounced it to QT uncompressed... All of the above rendered out of AE in PJPEG codec of QT. I did in fact replace the footage in PP when I re-rendered.

The truly puzzling thing is I had done maybe 8 or 10 test renders before the issue suddenly cropped up, and I hadn't done any work in the project on that part of the sequence in a couple of days. Then the iterations with replacing the footage, etc. Naturally everything is now DONE and this is the last thing hanging me up prior to client approval.

Grrr.

Ah well... I'm chunking away at it here... Nice to see you around Tim !

MODE Studios
http://www.modestudios.com
Contributing Editor, Live Design Magazine
Art of the Edit Forum Leader
Live & Stage Event Forum Leader
HD Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Apr 27, 2011 at 11:47:15 pm

Ugh...

So no other clips in PPro are rendering blue? ...just the AE renders?

What is the sequence preview format set for?

Actually...what are the sequence settings? Can I assume a run-of-the-mill 8 bit RGB render from AE?

The problem is intermittent?

Have you tried exporting a small bit including one of the problem clips? Does media Encoder also render it blue?

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Ian McGlasham
on Jun 16, 2011 at 5:05:34 pm

I am having the same problem!

Clips rendered from After effects CS5 at 1920x1080 quicktime Animation codec then imported into premier pro look fine on the timeline in the viewer and in the render preview viewer. when rendering to both quicktime h264 and uncompressed AVI the clips look like only the blue channel is present.

Anybody solved this one. It has happened to me before.

Ian McGlasham.

Return to posts index

Jay Kinghorn
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:07:22 pm

Bob, Ian,

I've been having the same problem with CS5.5. I see the problem with clips coming from AE as you describe. I've had the problem exporting from PP through AME with a variety of different codecs (Animation, ProRes, Motion JPEG, Cineform, etc. I don't seem to get the problem with H.264.

There are two things to try for a workaround. First, render the work area. I'm not sure why, but this was the advice from Dennis Radke in the Adobe PP forums. I can't say it resolved my problems. The second thing to try is to Export directly from AME rather than Queue the clips. That seems to be the most effective.

If you find another foolproof way to eliminate the problem, I'd love to hear it. It's been a major hassle for me lately.

Thanks,

Jay

Return to posts index

Jay Kinghorn
on Jun 23, 2011 at 8:43:15 pm

This problem's really been interrupting my workflow, so I've spent more time testing and troubleshooting the problem. Here are three workarounds I've found so far:
1) Choose Export instead of Queue from the PP Export Media Dialog. (Effective, but slow and ties up your machine)
2) Replace the affected footage as an AE comp (Right click on file and choose Replace with AE composition. (Allows you to Queue, but for some reason my footage wasn't as sharp as the direct export).
3) Re-render your AE clips with another Codec. I tried using ProRes 422 and the export from PP ran smoothly.

Hopefully, this problem will be fixed in a future update to the Production Premium suite.

Best regards,

Jay

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 11, 2011 at 8:39:11 pm

Please try this workaround and let us know if it works:

Apply the Crop effect, but leave the properties at the default so that nothing is actually cropped.

Does this prevent the blue problem?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 12, 2011 at 6:11:29 pm

Here's a document that describes the problem and a workaround.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Joel Mertz
on Jul 3, 2012 at 3:02:34 pm

PROBLEM:
I'm experiencing the blue phenomenon when rendering out a Quicktime as well. The clips that are rendering blue are for me are Quicktime files with Animation codecs that were created in AE.

SOLUTION:
My workaround has been to import the PP sequence into AE and render out from AE. AE always seems to have more robust and flexible rendering capabilities than PP and AME, even though I know it too has its own limitations.

[ j o e l m e r t z ]
video : design : art : photography

a: Dallas, TX
m: 503.419.7765
e: joel@joelmertz.net
w: joelmertz.net

Return to posts index

Mitch Hardison
on Jul 7, 2012 at 3:33:11 am

It works only when I export from AME

Return to posts index

Roxy Luo
on May 28, 2014 at 5:09:57 pm

I found out that I just need to nest(like precomp) the entire sequence with the problematic footage in it and render, the issue is fixed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]