FORUMS: list search recent posts

jittery camera pans in 24p

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clyde villegas
jittery camera pans in 24p
on Jun 21, 2010 at 1:07:44 am

I shot 24p with a DVX100B. When I downloaded the raw footages in my computer and played them on Windows Media Player, my camera pans look smooth. But when I dragged the clip to my 24p timeline in Premiere, the camera pans became jittery. I rendered the sequence by hitting enter but it's still jittery. I exported the video and it's also jittery. Am I missing something?

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

Nikos Mamalos
Re: jittery camera pans in 24p
on Jun 21, 2010 at 4:49:17 am

Hello Clyde
What you describe puzzled me for long long time I believed that progressive footage was superb to interlaced. For some people it is better, but with a price. And this is what you describe, interlaced footage provides more eye friendly motion blur than progressive. The phenomenon you describe will be found in web as Jumpy, shattering, jitter, etc it is normal. Solution: Shoot again with super slow panning or very fast panning. Jittering will be always there but in the 1st case will not be noticeable whereas in the 2nd will be exaggerated to extend that will not make the viewer notice it.

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on Jun 21, 2010 at 5:48:46 am

What puzzles me is the smoothness when the raw 24p footage was played on Windows Media Player. How does Windows Media Player do that? If it can play 24P smoothly, then there should be some settings in Premiere that we can tweak to make it play like Windows Media Player.

Return to posts index

Nikos Mamalos
on Jun 21, 2010 at 6:20:19 am

I cannot explain the wmp playing it smoothly. it is not subjective means of judging anyway, I would instead try quick time pro with option -> view play all frames. How does it look?
anyway...
I suggest tring: R-click the clip in timeline see if "frame blending" is active.
In any case you have to check it in a external monitor e.g burn a dvd and play it in a TV set projector (old tv sets with cathode lamp will play smoother than new LCD, TFT sets that work in progressive manner). i.e. forget how you see it in premeier for now and simmulate the presentation way (even if this is youtube) if the results are exeptable your premiere propably will need some tweaking.
Good luck

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on Jun 23, 2010 at 6:53:22 am

I also checked the frame blending. No luck. Fast panning on 24p mode should just be avoided.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]