- Output File: C:UsersanthonyDocumentsAdobePremiere Pro3.0Sequence 01.wmv
- Preset Used: Custom
- Video:
- Audio:
- Bitrate:
- Encoding Time: 07:47:43
10/25/2008 2:40:26 AM : Encoding Failed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.

- Source File: C:UsersanthonyAppDataLocalTempCopy of Superman Spoof 1.3.prproj
- Output File: C:UsersanthonyDocumentsAdobePremiere Pro3.0Sequence 01.mp4
- Preset Used: Apple iPod Video Large
- Video:
- Audio:
- Bitrate:
- Encoding Time: 07:51:40
10/25/2008 2:44:24 AM : Encoding Failed

- Source File: C:UsersanthonyAppDataLocalTempCopy of Superman Spoof 1.3_1.prproj
- Output File: C:UsersanthonyDocumentsAdobePremiere Pro3.0Sequence 01.mp4
- Preset Used: Apple iPod Video Large
- Video:
- Audio:
- Bitrate:
- Encoding Time: 07:52:09
10/25/2008 2:44:52 AM : Encoding Failed

- Source File: C:UsersanthonyAppDataLocalTempCopy of Superman Spoof 1.3_2.prproj
- Output File: C:UsersanthonyDocumentsAdobePremiere Pro3.0Superman 1.3.mp4
- Preset Used: Custom
- Video:
- Audio:
- Bitrate:
- Encoding Time: 07:54:46
10/25/2008 2:47:30 AM : Encoding Failed

I am getting those errors above when trying to encode my file. Adobe wont encode it, i dont know what the problem is, can anyone help??

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: CS4 Premiere Won't Encode Videos..
on Oct 25, 2008 at 10:11:55 pm

[Anthony Parker] "Source File: C:UsersanthonyAppDataLocalTempSuperman Spoof 1.3.prproj"

What is your Premiere Project file doing in a temp folder?

[Anthony Parker] "Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.

The Superman Spoof 1.3.proproj is not your source video, it is a Project file. Can you play your timeline all the way thru? I doubt it and suspect that at 7;50 in the timeline is an Offline clip...orphan.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------"

Return to posts index

Jerry Riojas
on Oct 26, 2008 at 5:24:40 pm

@mike velte

Well, I am having the same problems. You asked why his project files were in temp folder?, well, In CS4 when you go to export and want to render your file, they took Adobe Media Encoder out of premiere and made it a seperate application. Now when you go to export your movie, it automatically transfers the job to Adobe Media Encoder, and this is where the problem is....

When the job opens in Media Encoder.... the path already says "temp" folder. My projects actually are in the "Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/4.0/" folder. Why does it put the path as the temp folder? I don't know and have been thru every setting in Premiere and Media Encoder.... I read on the Adobe forums, that there is a known issue if you had CS3 installed before and un-installed CS3(and that it is a win-only problem). It said to un-install and re-install CS4, but that hasn't worked for me. I tried that 3 times. I am at the point of reverting back to CS3.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Oct 26, 2008 at 8:58:05 pm

[Jerry Riojas] "When the job opens in Media Encoder.... the path already says "temp" folder. My projects actually are in the "Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/4.0/" folder. Why does it put the path as the temp folder?"

Why don't you change the path?

The Media Encoder is actually looking at the PPro sequence, which probably puts some sort of a cache file in temp until you're done encoding...then it goes away I would guess (I've never looked).

The Media Encoder being a separate app has lots of possibilities...I really like being able to cue up a PPro sequence, an AE comp, source clips...all in the same cue, each with a separate output filetype and location...serious timesaver.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

CPO, Digieffects

Return to posts index

mike velte
on Oct 27, 2008 at 11:28:53 am

This might be a fix;
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6d73a/0

Return to posts index

Jerry Riojas
on Oct 27, 2008 at 2:22:00 pm

@Tim Kolb

With changing the path.... that is what I was talking about in my other reply when I said I went thru all the settings trying to figure out where I could do that. In the Media encoder, the path is is grayed out and can't be changed...

But yes, I also like the fact that the media encoder is it's seprate app now, I just wish it would work.

@mike velte

That is the exact forum post at adobe I was referring to in my initial reply. I also stated that I tried that 3 times already, make that 5 now, haha. And every time I unistall, I run the CS4 Clean Script that is available at Adobe. But it still doesn't help. This error took my entire weekend away from me. Unistalls took roughly 40 mins and installations were 45-50 mins. And it isn't my machine being slow.... I have a AMD Quadcore 9550 and 6GB Dual Channel RAM, CS4 is just so beastly...

Return to posts index

Anna Haas
on Oct 30, 2008 at 1:10:13 pm

I am having the same problem. I worked around this by opening the Premiere Project in After Effects as a comp then rendered the comp to an Avi file. You can bring it back to the encoder and it will do the conversion. Stupid way to do things but it worked. Especially when I had to pay too much for the suite upgrade I was hoping for more.

Frustrated in Seattle

Return to posts index

Rodrigo Polo
on Nov 6, 2008 at 1:42:35 pm

After a long research and many tests I found that the final solution is to make a full and clean Windows install.

I did a clean install on a virgin virtual windows and everything works.

The typical installation method for Adobe products consist in uninstalling the previous version and then installing the new version, but again like CS3, there are many problems (if you remember the CS3 Clean Script).

In Mac OSX there is no problem upgrading, I did an uninstall of the CS3, and an install of CS4 and everything works great!

I already try uninstalling and reinstalling many times, I lose the count, and I also try the CS4 Clean Script which doesn't work, so the current solution is to expend your weekend making a backup of all your disk, installing a fresh Windows copy, and then the CS4. (if you have another computer, you can just move all the folders on the C: drive to a backup folder in the same disk "c:backup" and then install windows, save a lot of time).

I recommend a x64 system, like VistaX64 or XPx64. For Photoshop x64 to use more than 4GB ram. (Right now OSX is x64 if you have a x64 processor, but because Apple don't want to make Carbon for 64bits you will have a Photoshop 32bits, lol.)

Return to posts index

Anna Haas
on Nov 6, 2008 at 2:58:07 pm

I went to the white papers at Adobe and found their recommendation on the problem. I did have to uninstall as you said. It seems that if you have Premiere CS3 on your machine when you install the CS4 version and then uninstall the CS3 version after wards then it does some magical twisting of the program. This requires that you uninstall CS4 and then go through a large pot of coffee and a box of doughnuts while you put CS4 back on the machine. What fun! Now it is working very smoothly and I still have a fair amount of my hair left as well...

Frustrated in Seattle

Return to posts index

Jamie Hurt
on Dec 1, 2008 at 4:01:09 pm

Hello,
I'm on a Mac running a clean install of Adobe CS4 Master Collection - and I have the same behaviour from Adobe Media Encoder CS4 refusing to render/compress any clips from Adobe Premiere Pro CS4.

It puts the "source file" in a temp folder -and the error log says "Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted."

During my troubleshooting I've restarted the machine, moved the cache file, output files and changed caching preferences. I've fixed "permissions" on the Start up disk (a Mac-only phenomenon)

No luck.
I don't have and have never installed CS3 on this system - so it doesn't have that issue uninstall CS3 issue.

I DID, however, run an update from adobe that seems to correspond with this issue. My version of Premiere is 4.0.1 - and the Adobe Updater claimed that update would fix issues with the Media Encoder - I didn't give it much thought until now.

-- WORK AROUND ANSWER --
Since I don't have a lot of time to beta test the Adobe Software, here's what I did to work around the stubborn issue today. Open up your Premiere Sequence in Adobe After Effects CS4 and use it's Render Que instead. -- For the most part, it looks like this will solve my issue, but check your work. Audio levels, transitions, CG might get all whopper-jawed from this approach. Fortunately, the project I have today is a simple video edit.

Return to posts index

Bill Clark
on Dec 6, 2008 at 4:47:48 pm

Premiere pro CS4 to Media encoder works on my Macbook pro but not on my Mac Pro. I've followed ADOBEs work around, uninstalled CS3 re-installed CS4 yaddda yadda and still nothing!

This is unacceptable - we've all paid GOOD MONEY for CS4 - isn't there anybody out there from ADOBE who can fix this!!!!

Bill Clark
Origami Films
Slate612

Return to posts index

Jamie Hurt
on Dec 6, 2008 at 6:11:29 pm

Try running Repair Disk Permissions on your start up volume from Apple's Disk Utility to be certain that there is not an issue with the directories Adobe Premiere/Media Encoder are trying to access/write to.

I ran mine a couple times until it did not get an error.

You can also "Get Info" on your directories/volume to look at the "Sharing and Permissions" attributes - that should have your login ID as a user with read/write privileges set.

Remember Premiere and Media Encoder - are dropping cache files in a few places (on my set up that was scattered over 2 internal eSATA drives, and sometimes an external volume)- It could be worth a trip to the preferences in each Adobe app IF you don't get a working result from the above test. If it ain't broke don't mess with it...Also, test your changes systematically and one at a time. And minimize any drastic changes you make until you run out of the simple options.

That solution, as simple as it was, caused my issue. I had clean install of my Leopard and a clean install of CS4 when I got the "Encoding Failed" error from Media Encoder.

I did not have a previously installed copy of CS3 on this system. So that wasn't my issue.

If that doesn't work, you can try creating a New User with Administrator privileges from your System Preferences/Accounts set up. That could help you test if there is something wonky about your user folder.

Yeah - I hate the idea that we are beta-testing software for a multibillion dollar corporation. I usually wait until a few of the bugs are worked out, before buying Adobe software. I wasn't able to do that on this specific release tho. I lost 12 hours or more on a Saturday rebuilding my system. Pain in the royal *ss.

Hope this helps - holler back if it works, or if you find a better answer.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited.
- albert einstein

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Bill Clark
on Dec 7, 2008 at 7:56:10 am

OK, believe it or not, 5 mins after I posted my rant I managed to solve my problem. It had nothing to do with all the stuff that everybody on the web was suggesting about re-installs and clean scripts. Something much simpler. I have a few plug ins on AE - Sapphire, Magic Bullet etc and I realised that every adobe programme was loading them on start up. And I kept getting an error message from Premiere Pro and Media Encoder about Magic Bullet looks - that it wasn't registered. It was driving me nuts because it is. I reinstalled everything twice, and during this process spotted that Adobe is now putting all the plug ins in a central folder - which it refers to as media core. This on a Mac is at Macintosh HD/Library/Application Suport/Adobe/Common/Plug ins/CS4. (There might also be a CS3 file as well)

It occurred to me that this might be causing confusion - Media Encoder trying to load plug ins that it doesn't understand and might not be licensed for in the XML file. So I pulled them out of there and put them straight into the AE CS4 plug in folder. Bingo. All the plug ins run fine - AND SO DOES MEDIA ENCODER! And now, no problems at all with the dynamic links between AE, Premiere Pro and ME.

I'm not saying this is the solution for everyone - but it's worked for me. Hope it helps somebody.

Over and out.

Bill Clark
Origami Films
Slate612

Return to posts index

Jeff Klein
on Feb 18, 2009 at 6:36:15 pm

I found a solution that worked for me:

I had upgraded from CS3 Master Collection to CS4 Master Collection by installing CS4, and then uninstalling CS3. I was then running into the same Premiere encoding problem described in this thread. I found a solution that worked for me.

I noticed that even though I had uninstalled CS3, there were still CS3 folders in program files/adobe. In other words, inside the Adobe folder there were two folders for every program (ie. a Premiere CS3 folder and a Premiere CS4 folder).

My solution was to just erase all the CS3 folders, knowing that those programs had been uninstalled. After doing so I immediately tried rendering from Premiere CS4 and it worked. Hopefully this will solve some problems, good luck.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Joel Morales Escobar
on Mar 6, 2009 at 1:02:30 pm

I found this, and it totally solved my issue:

Solution: Create a shortcut to the Premiere Pro executable file, rename the shortcut to Premiere, and move the shortcut to C:Program FilesCommon FilesAdobedynamiclink.

As dumb as it may sound, it worked! And I didn't had to uninstall or reinstall nothing. I kept both my CS3 and CS4.

Good luck!

Source: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb407106&sliceId=...

Return to posts index

Jeff Cooper
on Mar 26, 2009 at 12:00:24 pm

WOW, what an easy fix - Thanks for the KB search Joel!

I run Vista, had CS3, uninstalled CS3 and installed CS4 and immediately had the Media Encoding error when encoding from Premiere. I also saw a "Adobe Dynamic Link error" when I tried to load the adobe sequence from my Premiere project directly from Media Encoder, so this solution makes sense.

I wish all serious bugs were this easy to eliminate.
Jeff

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
James Brady
on Apr 16, 2009 at 4:07:44 pm

[Joel Morales Escobar] "Solution: Create a shortcut to the Premiere Pro executable file, rename the shortcut to Premiere, and move the shortcut to C:Program FilesCommon FilesAdobedynamiclink."

This absolutely worked for me! What a kooky hat trick... How anyone would think to do this as a solution is beyond me, but I'm glad it's published here. Joel, you're my encoding hero!

Return to posts index

Eddie Lotter
on Apr 16, 2009 at 5:46:44 pm

[James Brady] "How anyone would think to do this as a solution is beyond me"

It's published in an Adobe Technical Support document. ;)

Cheers
Eddie

Return to posts index

Joel Morales Escobar
on Apr 19, 2009 at 2:58:31 pm

heheh... no problem! Im glad my research helped more people.

Return to posts index

Houston Brown
on Oct 9, 2009 at 9:02:48 am

Well it didn't work for me and I am really frustrated now. I didn't have a dynamiclink folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\dynamiclink so I created it and put in the shortcut and nothing. Same ol crap. Now is the shortcut suppose to just be the word "Premiere" with no extension or anything?

Many thanks,
Houston

Return to posts index

Stephen Rutherford
on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:05:11 pm

[Joel Morales Escobar] "I found this, and it totally solved my issue:

Solution: Create a shortcut to the Premiere Pro executable file, rename the shortcut to Premiere, and move the shortcut to C:Program FilesCommon FilesAdobedynamiclink.

As dumb as it may sound, it worked! And I didn't had to uninstall or reinstall nothing. I kept both my CS3 and CS4.

Good luck!

Source: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb407106&sliceId=..."

I had to re-install CS4 and CS5 recently. To keep the two versions from crashing each other on my machine I installed them to non-default locations. By doing this, it messed up the shortcuts in the dynamiclink folder. Fixing the application shortcut to the actual Premiere location solved the issue and I'm transcoding happily now.

Stephen Rutherford
Graphics Producer: Gale Force Media, CanesVision & Wolfpack TV
stephenr@carolinahurricanes.com
http://www.facebook.com/swrutherford
http://www.twitter.com/CVHD

CAROLINA HURRICANES: 2006 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

Current System Configuration:
Intel i7 920 PC 2.67 GHz
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit
12 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForceGTS 250 512MB DDR3

Adobe Production Premium CS5/CS4/CS3
3D Studio Max 2011/2010/2009

Return to posts index

Phil Lister
on Sep 19, 2011 at 3:11:21 pm

In English please! How do you do this?

Thanks,
Phil

Phil Lister

Return to posts index

Baldur Helgason
on Mar 25, 2009 at 9:42:38 am

[Bill Clark] "I reinstalled everything twice, and during this process spotted that Adobe is now putting all the plug ins in a central folder - which it refers to as media core. This on a Mac is at Macintosh HD/Library/Application Suport/Adobe/Common/Plug ins/CS4. (There might also be a CS3 file as well)

It occurred to me that this might be causing confusion - Media Encoder trying to load plug ins that it doesn't understand and might not be licensed for in the XML file. So I pulled them out of there and put them straight into the AE CS4 plug in folder. Bingo. All the plug ins run fine - AND SO DOES MEDIA ENCODER! And now, no problems at all with the dynamic links between AE, Premiere Pro and ME."

Wow Bill, you truly are a genius! This totally worked for me, the Media Encoder is encoding as we speak! ;) Thanks for sharing!

Return to posts index

Ronald de Heer
on Apr 22, 2009 at 6:10:19 am

Return to posts index

Ivonne Goodman
on Apr 5, 2010 at 3:50:33 am

I am not able to export my movies out. And It doesn't mater what format I export it in. I've tried avi, quicktime, fvi, mpeg2, h.264 but no matter what I do, I can't find my movies and it would tell me that (on the find or search ) that my work is in the documents only to find that they are not there at all. I would take them out of the search screen (but where are the movies it doesn't say.) and drag them on to the desk top and click on them. They don't play. Plz help me. My adobe premiere 30 day trial is going out in 2 days. Thank you so much. Call me, (619)206-8624 or email me. I might not come here for awhile. I am just way too busy.

Ivonne

Return to posts index

Bill Clark
on Apr 5, 2010 at 6:27:54 am

No idea where your output files are yvonne - but you can set where they go. In preferences in Mac or options in Windows you will see an option to check a box to set up where you want your files to be stored. Set up a folder on your desktop (or wherever you want) called "compression output" check the box in prefs and then browse to the folder you want your files to be stored in. From then on Media encoder will store all your files in that folder. It's a good programme. Don't panic! Hope this helps.

Bill Clark
Origami Films
http://www.origamifilms.com

Return to posts index

Ivonne Goodman
on Apr 5, 2010 at 9:56:27 pm

I would go to the output name: C:User...i/movies/Sequence 01.avi in my Export settings, switch the name into that folder I put on my desktop but the movie doesn't go there when its done. It goes somewhere else and I can't find it. I'll check again... But so far...

Return to posts index

mike johnson
on Jun 28, 2010 at 1:13:39 am

so how would you create the shortcut on macs. What would be the location for the correct place

Return to posts index

jared Cohn
on Dec 28, 2009 at 11:31:24 pm

Bill Clark,

you are my hero. my plug ins were the problem... to add to some people that might be experiencing them... SOME plug-ins can be in that media core file, but only the ones that are supposed to be... magic bullet looks and magic bullet misfire do work in there (maybe also depends on the version) but the datamator by red giant should not be in there.. but big help my media encoder was aggravating me now it works!
good luck!
jared

Return to posts index

James Grochowalski
on Jan 20, 2010 at 3:31:59 pm

Ok, I'm here to help others who have this problem too.

I've read all the discussions in here and here is my fix

I own a macbook pro 2.8ghz 4gb ram, snow leopard.Ran a clean install of cs4 on it and had got the same error. Never previously had cs3 or anything in it.

My workflow was to create everything in after effects and cut it in premiere pro then export.
Until I got the fatal error.

I first tried to import my premiere pro project in after effects, but I had missing media because it was trying to refer to my ae project and vice versa, and everything got jarbled and missing.

YOu can't really put a cookie into a jar and then put all of that back into the cookie... yahhh. I'm confused too.

The next thing I did was go to the media core folder and move the plugins out like in the earlier post and that worked! I just moved them to after effects plugins folder. I then re-opened premiere pro and apparantly I was using a plugin in premiere pro that I had forgotten about.

It was trapcode shine. I could have just used this in ae, but I did it later in premiere pro.

Anyways I just hit ok with the missing plugin, exported into media encoder and it started working!

Thanks everyone.

Hope this helps all the others out there.

Return to posts index

James Grochowalski
on Jan 20, 2010 at 3:33:55 pm

Ok, I'm here to help others who have this problem too.

I've read all the discussions in here and here is my fix

I own a macbook pro 2.8ghz 4gb ram, snow leopard.Ran a clean install of cs4 on it and had got the same error. Never previously had cs3 or anything in it.

My workflow was to create everything in after effects and cut it in premiere pro then export.
Until I got the fatal error.

I first tried to import my premiere pro project in after effects, but I had missing media because it was trying to refer to my ae project and vice versa, and everything got jarbled and missing.

YOu can't really put a cookie into a jar and then put all of that back into the cookie... yahhh. I'm confused too.

The next thing I did was go to the media core folder and move the plugins out like in the earlier post and that worked! I just moved them to after effects plugins folder. I then re-opened premiere pro and apparantly I was using a plugin in premiere pro that I had forgotten about.

It was trapcode shine. I could have just used this in ae, but I did it later in premiere pro.

Anyways I just hit ok with the missing plugin, exported into media encoder and it started working!

Thanks everyone.

Hope this helps all the others out there.

Return to posts index

Kay Strong
on Jan 27, 2010 at 9:45:57 am

How is everyone doing?
I know CS4 can be a pain, especially if there is a third party plug-in involved. Well that is kinda my point. I’m not too sure about Windows, but for Macs some third party plug-in get installed into the media core which isn’t to good if the plug-in isn’t compatible with all media apps. For instance, if you have installed magic bullet it will automatically install into your media in which your media encoder isn't not compatible, therefore it won’t work. The best thing to do is move your plug-in to AE Pr or PS, and get it the hell out of your media core.

MacHD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/plug-in/CS4/MediaCore
Copy to for instance
Application/After Effects/plug-ins
For Mac Users the problem is 9/10 a plug-in and this will fix your problem.

Return to posts index

Ramses Mantilla
on Feb 12, 2010 at 2:14:33 pm

thank you so much i was trying everything, since the most usual until the most extreme like scripts and so, but just remove the plugins, ha ha my tummy still has cramps, so easy to do but so hard to figure it out,

Thanks man you save me

p.s. and still loving my mac ha ha ha!

thank you so much

Return to posts index

Adrian Deville
on Mar 9, 2010 at 11:47:49 pm

Thanks to all, I got hopeful there. But what if I said there are no files in my mac CS4 media core folder? I'm still really stuck...

As background, I (very much a mac noobie), recently installed Waves GTR Solo (free trial for 1 year version) which lapsed before I managed to get the free serial in and registered etc. The 'trial has expired after 7 days' message led me to try a new install but this failed to do the trick (one chance only at this it seems?). Anyway, I then decided to remove it, and being new to mac, uninstalled the app (perhaps incompletely or incorrectly by trash dragging). Not long after, while trying to use encoder to render out 5 video files in Premier Pro, I notice a blank dialogue box with the header 'select waves 7.0 plug-ins' or something to that effect, which hangs in front of all other work adn which is obviously searching for components? Maybe due to my deletion efforts? Some bits or one file - [Waves/Plug-in Settings/GTRSolo ToolRack Settings.xps] - are in the trash, but I dont know where they/it belong, nor how to remove traces of Waves plugins that Encoder CS4 might be looking for... I know my approach to removal of app was dumb, but maybe this is conected to my CS4 probs?

Can anyone help? Many thanks

Return to posts index

Bill Clark
on Mar 10, 2010 at 6:23:34 am

As waves seems to be primarily an audio prog I can't see how the two would be connected. If you dragged waves into the trash to deinstall then you could drag it back into to your applications folder to see if that helps. If not try a clean re-install of media encoder. I'm sure that if the waves uninstall did accidentally destroy any shared files a re-install would put them back. Good luck.

Bill Clark
Origami Films

Return to posts index

Adrian Deville
on Mar 11, 2010 at 7:00:03 am

Thanks Bill.

Of course I went mad with more research between then and now and I have solved the problem. They were connected it seems, since (as I read somewhere), Encoder (and perhaps other elements of CS4) seem to be affected by the introduction of audio-plugins and search for them once they have been installed when they are doing their job... Having incorrectly uninstalled this plug-in/app, Encoder was hanging when it tried to cue items being exported to it for encoding from PPro (PPro was working fine)...

The solution was to read up on WAVES site about exactly where all the bits and pieces were distributed in my mac and to remove each one, though your idea would have worked too i now see...

It pays to uninstall the right way...

Return to posts index

Bill Clark
on Mar 11, 2010 at 2:58:39 pm

Glad to hear its sorted. Isn't the Cow great!

Bill Clark
Origami Films

Return to posts index

Tony Page
on Apr 9, 2010 at 7:50:48 am

I'm on Widows Vista Pro, and just wanted to confirm that installing the renamed Premiere shortcut into the dynamiclink folder as mentioned above saved me from the fun option of reinstalling the Master Collection...thanks to all! My errors started predictably after I uninstalled CS3 after upgrading. I did delete all the remaining CS3 folders, but this made no difference.

I would have thought Adobe could have publicised this better, as it is scarcely an unusual situation.

ANyway, thanks again...phew!

Tony

Return to posts index

stacey crawford
on May 25, 2010 at 12:21:08 am

Hi Everyone,

Im on windows 7 using cs4, I'm having media encoder problems.. it's taking forever to encode then eventually gives up some way through with an 'error'. Very frustrating.. As I'm reading most of you are on macs so I'm not sure if same applies to me. if I try the plugin option is the title of the folder I'm looking for 'media core' I couldn't find that however I did find a folder called 'media' I looked in there, they are mostly audio wav files I tried to move them to a different folder but it said I need to get permission.. and I don't know how to do that.. A question, is this on the right track? If it is, how do I get permission to move the files it doesn't tell me how I am to do this..
Any help would be much appreciated,

Thank you,

Stacey

Return to posts index

Bill Clark
on May 25, 2010 at 5:16:38 am

Hi Stacey - what machine, processors, RAM are you running this on?

Bill Clark
Origami Films

Return to posts index

stacey crawford
on May 25, 2010 at 6:58:33 am

Hi Bill,

it's a PC 4g ram, intel dual core processor, (i am updating very shortly to quad core),
umm my brother knows the rest, if you need more info than that i can get it.

thanks

stacey

Return to posts index

stacey crawford
on May 27, 2010 at 1:05:35 am

Hi Bill,

it's a PC 4g ram, intel dual core processor, (i am updating very shortly to quad core),

Thank you
Stacey

Return to posts index

stacey crawford
on May 27, 2010 at 12:07:46 pm

Hi Bill,

Return to posts index

Richard Kruis
on Jun 17, 2010 at 2:10:42 pm

Hi Adrian,
I have exactly the same problem with this blank pop-up window. Can you tell me where I can find the solution on the Waves site? I can't find it...

Return to posts index

Jessicca Bennett
on Feb 27, 2019 at 5:25:58 am

I have exactly the same issue with the plug ins folder being empty and the hanging screen that says "Select Waves 7.0 Plug-Ins Folder". I would love to know if you got around this issue and if so how!

Cheers,

Jess

Return to posts index

Larry Zapotocky
on Dec 8, 2010 at 1:18:10 am

Received the same error. Never had CS3 installed. CS4 was a new install on new Windows XP system.

Followed this link thanks to the advise on this forum! THANKS!

Here is the link:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407106.html

Hope this helps someone like it helped me!

Thank goodnes for forums!
Larry

Return to posts index

marko korreli
on Dec 17, 2010 at 7:08:16 pm

I found a quite logical solution.

You may not be able to change the path showed in the media encoder. But you can sure add a sequence from the "File" menu.

From there just locate the project folder,select the project file. The encoder will then display all the sequences you have. Proceed to select one then click Ok.

And there you go. No cleanings,no re - installs, no shortcuts.

Hope this helps everyone.

Return to posts index

Diego Fonseca
on Aug 22, 2011 at 5:55:52 am

Hi, I've got a similar problem. I have a new machine that is a 32 bits, i7, 4g ram, . I wanted to install Cs5, so I just left AE and Premier in CS4 since CS5 versions cant being run at 32 machines, when I finished to install the CS5 package, the AME stop finding my source files so I couldn't export any videos at all.

After done all the internet fixes (premier.exe direct access in dynamiclink folder, change cache folder, etc) nothing works.

I cleaned my machine from all Adobe app, folders, etc, left nothing behing, clean register, defragmented register, etc. Not a trace of adobe in my machine.

Then I installed CS4 programs (AE and Premier Pro) and YEAH, Premier export as a charm and AME works just perfect.

Install CS5 package to use Photo, Illustrator etc, and once again the ADOBE Dynamic link was broken again, so AME once again couldn't find my sources files.

So, here’s my dilemma, I could install CS4 forever -until I change to 64, but not likely any sooner- cause I need to use AE and Premier, but getting stuck with this package is a really pain in my***/ since I have a lot of things going on Flash CS5. But most important I don’t want to change to 64 at this moment by personal and technical reasons.

Hope this information helps to find a solution to this problem.
Greetings.

Return to posts index

Richie Finch
on Jan 5, 2014 at 11:22:37 am

Hello, this is terrible problem, which i found in CS 6 softwares ...
solution i found only working, is uninstall and reinstall full package.. but it is not all,
you need to do BRAND NEW admin account in windows, and install it there.
that means, i could not export after repair from encoder in my original account never more (!!) .. this is really terrible way how to repair this issue, because :
1.by reinstalling of software, client WASTE HIS TIME
2.by necessity to begin work in another windows profile you again WASTE YOUR TIME because of learning and migrating all other profile modifications, which i see really unaccpetable. Adobe means, this solution of repair is ok, and they did not do till today any steps of creating some "clever" solution.
I ask everybody, who will meet this issue in future, guys, please, complain about this situation, give "BUG Report" to them, and write "feature request" to them , in the way of creating some repair tool, which check actual "broken" connections between encoder and premiere, which refuses to "take material" from it and encode, and REPAIR it automatically..
I am not IT, but ..does it seems so hard to create this ? Adobe IT developers should know their systems, and should create such utility tool really easy.

Steps to reproduce bug:
1. i export anything by button "queue" from premiere to Encoder
2. Encoder will start encoding
3. Encoder does not show the window of media encoding (down left )
Results: sound of sheep occur,
in encoding error file is this reason of canceling the encoding :
01/02/2014 10:10:48 AM : Encoding Failed
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

History of this problem and detailed description, HOW i did "repair" this. With wasting of app 2,5 days of my working time :

1. after repairing "error 5" problem , i solved it by reinstalling the suite from the new admin user profile (profile B) .
I continued my work on my normal working windows profile . (profile A)
Every cooperation (AE+Pr, export media via "queue" to Encoder) was working fine . . .
2. suddenly it stop working (without knowing any possible reason - i did not do installations )
and showed in error export log file :
"Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted."
3.repair via procedure(procedure "a"):
i did this procedure on the profile B (profile from last time installation of repairing problem error 5)
I did these steps :
a-uninstall master coll suite
b-i used Adobe cleaner tool (remove ALL)
c-removed raw directories in locations

•C:Program FilesAdobe
•C:Program Files(x86)Adobe
•C:Program FilesCommon FilesAdobe
•C:Program Files(x86)Common FilesAdobe
•C:ProgramDataAdobe

d-removed these links from registry file

•HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREAdobe
•HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareAdobe
•HKEY_LOCAL_MACH INESOFTWAREWow6432NodeAdobe
•HKEY_CURRENT_USER SoftwareWow6432NodeAdobe
e-restarted the PC
f- newly installed the Master Coll CS6
g-update the software

result of repair of "3" : problem still exists

4.Ok i find out after coordination with support, it should have been created ANOTHER NEW admin account.
4a:so i did the same procedure (uninstalling) in profile B
4b: and then i created brand new admin profile (profile C)for INSTALLATION of software
4c: restarted the pc (and did not updated it yet)

result :

==exporting of any sequence/raw/AE link video material from premiere via "queue" (Encoder) (profile C) : export WORKS
==exporting of any sequence/raw/AE link video material from premiere via "queue" (Encoder) (profile B) : export WORKS
==exporting of any sequence/raw/AE link video material from premiere via "queue" (Encoder) (profile A) : export DOES NOT WORK ! ! !
(in profile A, is possible to export some raw video material in encoder which is imported to it via "drag and drop)

problem i see:, i have my basic profile A, which i am interested to work, because of all my directory modifications are in there..

this issue should be some "broken" connections between encoder and premiere, which refuses to "take material" from it and encode.

what i expect :
to get from Adobe some repair tool, which automatically checks these connections and repair if necessary, without necessity of founding the new profile and reinstallation of whole software.. this is madness !

what i do NOT expect from Adobe:
to get from Adobe advice of kind : you have to reinstall full software in new admin profile. sorry , we do not know the solution, because we do not know, how do behave our software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]