FORUMS: list search recent posts

Collected and copied file disconnects media

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Powers
Collected and copied file disconnects media
on Jun 17, 2020 at 6:02:29 pm

Just did an online finishing job for a client where I had to reconnect all his low res footage with original high res, color and finish, then did a consolidate where it copied all files used in the project to a new location. I sent that drive to the client, who then called and said the project file was pointing to locations on his computer outside of the copied consolidation. Didnt make sense. I had him send me back the original project file from the collected job and it was pointing correctly to the colllected/copied files. I then saved the project file, renamed it and sent it to him.
Then I connected to his computer via team viewer and opened the new project file and sure enough, it was pointing to old original low res files instead of the new copied and collected high res files! WTH!??!?
The project originated with it pointing to those files but I reconnected to the high res files. Saved, then did a copy all files consolidate. How is it possible that that consolidated project is looking at files that should no longer be linking? I think I understand what is happening but it makes no sense why on my machine it points to the correct files, and on his it will not. Very strange adobe space oddity.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]