FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie question: Creating an APP CS6 project with certain goals in mind.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Greene
Newbie question: Creating an APP CS6 project with certain goals in mind.
on Jun 17, 2020 at 12:56:13 pm

Hello!

This newbie wants to start creating projects in APP CS6. These projects will be tutorials on how to run my company software. This means I will be recording from my screen activity (the software's behavior, my mouse, menu's and ribbons, etc.) and recording my own voice.

These videos will be uploaded to my company's Sharepoint platform, and also need to be uploaded to YouTube.

What settings should I set in APP right from the start? Don't want to create a whole video and then learn it wasn't formatted right to share and have to do it all over again.

I'm certain that there are large gaps in my questions that need to be filled in. Please ask away and I will do my best to answer!

I do have a lot of experience using CS6 with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, so I am not a complete beginner with this suite's software, but I do appreciate explanations that are as simple as possible at this point.

BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Jesse

Return to posts index

Andy Ford
Re: Newbie question: Creating an APP CS6 project with certain goals in mind.
on Jun 17, 2020 at 4:44:17 pm

The first thing you want to determine is if you are going to do 1080 or 720. Then, choose your screen capture software. One important thing to note if you are not doing the capturing... make sure the person recording the screen does so in a 16:9 format. I commonly receive screen capture where the person records their entire screen and they have important info at the periphery of the screen. So, when I scale down as needed for the video aspect ratio, I end up having to leave black bars on the sides (or fill in a top gap with a header image) because they didn't record in 16:9 and I couldn't crop in due to important items being on the screen edges.

Your timeline settings won't really be an issue or effect your playback. What will most effect your playback is if your screen capture is in h.264. Although Premiere is OK at handling h.264, I usually convert to ProRes or something similar for a smoother workflow.

-------------------------------------------------
Video Producer / Digital Marketer / Gear Reviewer / Author
-- http://www.AndyFordVideo.com --

Return to posts index

Jesse Greene
on Jun 17, 2020 at 7:36:00 pm

I'll follow up with your advice! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Jun 19, 2020 at 5:47:43 pm

Your screencapture needs to be constant framerate otherwise the audio will go out of sync.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]