FORUMS: list search recent posts

How will I get 6 editable audio tracks from a AVCHD 5.1 video/audio file

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stef Hilhorst
How will I get 6 editable audio tracks from a AVCHD 5.1 video/audio file
on Jun 9, 2020 at 12:43:59 pm

Hello fooks.
I have an issue with Premiere pro CC2020.
Running on Windows 10.

When I import the AVCHD file, (recording with a Sony cam in 5.1 audio,) and put it on my timeline I can see all the tracks are working. All 6 channels are working. But....
It's one file. In this way, I can not work on a single track on it. Such as working only on the LFE track or working only with the left surround track etc.
This is how it looks at this moment.
1-file-with-6-tracks-inside.jpg

And the next print screen is what I need so I can edit all the 6 tracks individually.
printscreen-from-you-tube.jpg

I hope there is someone how can help me.
Thanks a lot.
Stef

Stef Hilhorst

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: How will I get 6 editable audio tracks from a AVCHD 5.1 video/audio file
on Jun 9, 2020 at 2:03:26 pm

Being confused, I'll give you this link that helped me the most. It is long and may not directly address your issue but should prove helpful.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Stef Hilhorst
on Jun 9, 2020 at 2:20:32 pm

Thanks Ricky.

Tonight I will start with it. Thanks a lot.

Stef Hilhorst

Return to posts index

Ken Lacouture
on Jun 10, 2020 at 4:47:14 am
Last Edited By Ken Lacouture on Jun 10, 2020 at 5:22:48 am

First, I hope you're not deep into your edit just yet. I'll explain why in a moment...

If you have already imported your source material, hilight those clip (or clips) in your bin, and go "Clip (menu) -> Modify -> Audio Channels..."

Chances are you're going to see "Clip Channel Format" is set to 5.1, and "Number of Audio Clips" is 1. Change this so that Clip Channel Format is mono, and Number of Audio Clips is 6, then hit OK.

OR... change the "Preset" pull-down menu to "Mono" and it should do it automatically for you.

Now, here's why I said I hope you're not into your edit yet: changing this setting will NOT change any clips you already have in a sequence. You will instead need to modify the source clip in the bin first and then replace those clips already in your edit with the newly modified clip. Tedious!

If you want all your clips to default to mono upon import, then go to your preference and change the "Default Audio Tracks" to mono. (Note that in older versions of Premiere it's on the Audio tab, but newer versions have it on the Timeline tab.) Do not be confused: this preference attaches to the clips and how they behave when brought into at track in the timeline; it does not change the behavior of the tracks themselves.

(Later on I will post a reply where I grouse about how bad I think it is that Adobe has made "Use Track" the default setting and how it shafts novice editors.)

Return to posts index

Stef Hilhorst
on Jun 10, 2020 at 2:39:36 pm

Thanks Ken.

Tonight I gonna start with your explanation.
I let you know.

Thanks a lot.

Stef Hilhorst

Return to posts index

Stef Hilhorst
on Jun 10, 2020 at 5:36:35 pm

Hi Ricky and Ken.

I do some tests and it works great.
Even when I play is in the living room at the cinema set it gives me great audio on all the channels.

So many thanks for your reaction.
Great

Stef Hilhorst

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]