FORUMS: list search recent posts

speeding up a whole timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pierre foldes
speeding up a whole timeline
on May 20, 2020 at 8:33:57 pm

Hi,
I'm a director working on a feature animation edited with Premiere Pro.
the film was shot in video to serve as reference for the animation.
the editing is done.
for production reasons, we need to speed up of 2% the whole film, before we start doing the animation.
an assistant editor came onboard and tried various options.
I must add that some of the video shots already have various time stretches applied (the end result will be animation so it's not important that the video be perfect) there's also a bunch of nested shots.

the first idea was roughly to select all the video clips and speed them up, but because of the nested shots as well as the various shots that already had their speeds modified this didn't seem to be reliable or even possible.
he also tried nesting the whole film, but somehow this solution didn't either work, again for the same reasons I just brought up.
lastly we have imagined that the simplest would be to export the whole video, re-import it and then only apply the 102% on it.
we'll have exported previously the various audio tracks, as OMF, sped them up within protools and re-import it in premiere, hopefully preserving all the metadata.
otherwise, all references and metadata will nonetheless still exist on the original 100% version, so we won't be totally lost if we need to make minute changes on the edit.

should this work?

is there another better option?

ideally I would have preferred to have the ability of speeding up 102% the whole timeline, so each clip, including the nested ones and the already time modified ones. that would left me with a little more flexibility.

many thx for any good advise
Peter

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: speeding up a whole timeline
on May 20, 2020 at 11:50:59 pm

Did you try using Dynamic Link to AE and use that as the time option?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]