FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premier Pro export colour space

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Barclay
Premier Pro export colour space
on May 1, 2020 at 11:23:19 am

Hi,

As Premier Pro demo doesn't allow exporting (as far as I can tell) I wonder if anyone can help me.

In an example where it ingests sRGB files (e.g. TGA sequences) will Premier transcode that to rec709 gamma when exporting or will it just add rec709 metadata to the exported mov? For the conversion to happen I would assume that the source gamma is specified somewhere, which I cannot find, so I assume the latter is correct. So in my example I would end up with a movie that's meant to be viewed a 2.2ish gamma transform (original source gamma) but instead have a movie tagged as 709 2.4 gamma.

In lieu of Premier I'm doing some tests with Resolve but I'm not even sure I have that set up correctly as the options for video range, gamut and gamma don't seem to make any difference in my final outputs when looking at the metadata.

Thanks,

j

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Premier Pro export colour space
on May 2, 2020 at 5:18:17 pm

Premiere trial is fully functional for 7 days.
Have you got AME installed.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Premier Pro export colour space
on May 3, 2020 at 7:39:42 pm

from my understanding, premiere doesn't have the option to interpret gamma, colorspace. there's a few exception options like importing RED. also, if you export a special large container like jpeg2000, you can use different gamut outputs like rec. 2020, P3. but 99% of the exports will force a rec. 709 2.2/srgb output and clip any colors outside that gamut. it gets even more complicated if you want to work in HDR. in resolve, you have to the option to encode with different gammas upon export.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]