FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interpret Footage Skipping When Scrubbing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Pattinson
Interpret Footage Skipping When Scrubbing
on Apr 23, 2020 at 6:55:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

This forum has helped me out so many times in the past with issues I've had, which I really appreciate.

Usually someone else has had my problem so there's been no need to post!

However, I've got a problem with Premiere that I can't see anything about anywhere, either that or, I'm not entering the right phrasing to find it.

What happens is when I use the Modify>Interpret Footage option on my 120p footage to make it 23.976p, when I preview it in the source monitor, and scrub through it, the footage skips all over, then stops when I stop scrubbing. But this makes it nearly impossible to actually find the sections I want, as what is on screen isn't necessary what is where the play head is when scrubbing.

I've uploaded a screen recording here:

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Premiere and it happens over all projects. But footage I haven't interpreted doesn't have this problem.

I've also had a funny thing happening where I can't mark my In Point in the source monitor too either with the keyboard or clicking the button, it just does nothing, but that rectifies with a restart or Premiere. Not sure if the two are related, but strange that they're both confined to the Source Window.

I'd be grateful for any advice, thanks in advance.

Steven

Return to posts index

Daniel DeStefano
Re: Interpret Footage Skipping When Scrubbing
on May 3, 2020 at 12:36:49 am

I have a brand new Macbook Pro 15" i9 Model with fully updated Premiere and Mac OS and mine does exactly the same thing. I haven't used interpret footage that much recently so I dunno if this is a problem with the most recent update, but given Premiere's track record, i doubt they know or care.

Scrubbing through interpreted footage coming from 60p and 120p both skips and glitches to the point where you might as well not even try, it's impossible to find anything.

Does anyone have any workarounds for this?

Return to posts index

Steven Pattinson
on May 7, 2020 at 5:22:14 pm

Yep - I've got a brand new iMac i9... It does seem to have just started in the past few months so maybe it is to do with an update.

And you're right, it makes the simplest thing such a hassle. Haven't been able to find any sort of answer yet.

Return to posts index

Steven Pattinson
on Jun 5, 2020 at 9:36:36 am

Hi Daniel,

Update for you as I know how frustrating this is!

Have been back and forth with Adobe support, and got them to replicate at their end on both Mac and Windows.

So they've said it's a bug and that it's going to be added to the list for a future update, no timeline given but at least it's some sort of progress and now we know it's not something in our settings.

Out of curiosity, what camera files is it that you are using?

Mine are from a Sony A6300, can't remember it doing it with anything else, although I only really use the Fs7 other than that which doesn't have the problem as it's HFR is conformed in camera so don't need to interpret in Premiere.

Thanks,
Steven

Return to posts index

Alex Artus
on Jul 7, 2020 at 8:32:12 pm

I believe I have found somewhat of a solution for this issue, I have been dealing with it for awhile as well. For me, when the playback keeps jumping around while scrubbing footage ive interpreted from 120 to 24, I have found that rendering the clip twice eliminates this issue.

I have a brand new 2020 iMac with 32gb RAM, solid graphics card and a fast processor. The hardware is definitely not the issue here. However, after rendering the first time, the clip will usually show a yellow line above the clip, and then green after the second render. At this point, the scrubbing issue goes away.

Hopefully this is just a bug that can be addressed, but for now, this seems to work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]