FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip Markers + Label Colors gone after moving project + media to a new drive

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Steele
Clip Markers + Label Colors gone after moving project + media to a new drive
on Apr 22, 2020 at 3:29:22 am

Hi all.

I just moved all my project files + media to a new drive. All is there in the project on the new drive, except the markers + clips that I labeled different colors.

Is there a way to relink or fix this? I still have everything saved on the old drive if I need to access anything.

Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Clip Markers + Label Colors gone after moving project + media to a new drive
on Apr 22, 2020 at 4:56:17 pm

The items you’re missing are stored in a database inside Premiere, when you manually move video elements to another drive that breaks the links in the database. That move should have been done inside of Premiere using the apps media manager, which would have copied the media and updated the database.

If you still have a copy of the project from before your manual copy you should redo the copy letting Premiere do the heavy lifting instead of Apple or Microsoft.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy forum.

Return to posts index

Austin Steele
Re: Clip Markers + Label Colors gone after moving project + media to a new drive
on Apr 22, 2020 at 5:33:15 pm

Ok thank you. When you say, " That move should have been done inside of Premiere using the apps media manager" can you explain that more please? What is that process called? I can research it more, but if you can tell me what it's called that would be appreciated.

I've never done a transfer like that with Media Manager. Just copy and paste.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 22, 2020 at 5:44:12 pm

I no longer use Premiere... Search YouTube videos...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]